It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 12:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User
thyroid cancer; lymph nodes (cervical lymphadectomy)

I haven't posted for such a long time, I always hoped nothing would happen that I would have to. Well, long story short, my yearly thyroid cancer check is in progress, I had an ultrasound done a couple weeks ago, there are no thyroid tissues left (total thyroidectomy due to paprillary carcinoma) but they found enlarged lymph nodes (dr is calling it cervical lymphadectomy) so I have a RAI 123 booked for April 26th. I am concerned about it being cancerous, and where else the cancer may have reached- although I am hoping if thats the case a dose of RAI 121 will be administered and get rid of that all. My question: who has dealt with anything in relation to this? What was the outcome and how was is dealt with? Were cancer cells found anywhere else?
thanks,

blue

Last edited by bluesnowflake; 03-26-2005 at 12:03 PM.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
(female)

stardust39 HB User
Re: thyroid cancer; lymph nodes (cervical lymphadectomy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnowflake
I haven't posted for such a long time, I always hoped nothing would happen that I would have to. Well, long story short, my yearly thyroid cancer check is in progress, I had an ultrasound done a couple weeks ago, there are no thyroid tissues left (total thyroidectomy due to paprillary carcinoma) but they found enlarged lymph nodes (dr is calling it cervical lymphadectomy) so I have a RAI 123 booked for April 26th. I am concerned about it being cancerous, and where else the cancer may have reached- although I am hoping if thats the case a dose of RAI 121 will be administered and get rid of that all. My question: who has dealt with anything in relation to this? What was the outcome and how was is dealt with? Were cancer cells found anywhere else?
thanks,

blue
Hello I to haven't been on in awhile and I remember you... I use to come on here as marsv63 so anyway I just put a post on here and thought I would just let you know I am dealing with a second round of RAI april 19th... you are in my thought..... mars

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Re: thyroid cancer; lymph nodes (cervical lymphadectomy)

Blue,
I had my 1 year scan and a 2nd round of RAI in August(due to remaining tissue in my thyroid bed area). I have also had a couple swollen lymph nodes in my neck for awhile now, but my Dr. believed they were reactive. I know they didn't take up RAI on my scan.

Are they going to remove one of your nodes to biopsy? I hope everything turns out ok...I will keep you in my prayers.

Take care, Hilery

Closed Thread