It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User
Is there a link between breast cancer and thyroid cancer?

How many on here have had both breast cancer and thyroid cancer?

I do know that when you have had breast cancer and have to take the estrogen blockers such as tamoxifen and femera, that interferes with your thyroid hormone levels and it is hard to regulate them. I also believe that these drugs (or maybe it is what the drugs do to your female hormone levels) give you some of the same symptoms as hypothyroidism and that makes it hard to tell if it is your thyroid causing all the problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User
Re: Is there a link between breast cancer and thyroid cancer?

I was also wondering if you had breast cancer and took radiation could that cause thyroid cancer OR if you take the radioactive iodine treatment for graves could that contribute to breast cancer?

I had estrogen and progesterone induced breast cancer in '98, but since it was not in my lymph nodes I just had to take radiation treatment and then took tamoxifen for 5 yrs and am on my 3rd yr. of femera.

I have been hypo for 35 yrs. I have 2 benign nodules. and was just diagnosed with hashi's 2 yrs. ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread