It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mirandarose HB User
Unhappy Could I have thyroid cancer?

I don't know where to begin? I read all 60 some pages of all your personal stories and I am in a state of shock. I now know what is wrong with me. I have suffered every symptom of a thyroid problem.The depression,anxiety temp changes;and everything else that comes along with this creap.My question is, I have been haveing a full feeling in my throat and feeling like there is something stuck in my throat for at least 3-4 months.The bad thing is I have two so called swollen lymph nodes on both sides of my neck. The first popped up in September of last year. I saw countless ER docs, oncologist,and two seurgeons.They all have said no to worry. But, here it is a year later and I still have them. I am now wondering if I have thyroid cancer, that has spread to my lymph nodes?I have only had the pressure and stuck feeling in my throat two times in the 2 months. Could I have Hashimotos disease. I read a story on here that had the same thing with swollen lymph nodes and tightness in the throat. I am just so worried and don't kno what to do? I see a head and neck seurgeon again on Tuseday 26th. Hopefully I will get some answers.Any info. would be appreciated?

Old 09-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Re: Could I have thyroid cancer?

Miranda,

You are going to the right place. When I went to my GP for the "pressure in my neck and throat" he panicked and sent me to a Cardiologist. Long Story and they were going the wrong way with my symptoms.

A CT scan and then Ultrasound is what finally showed my nodules. Try and stay calm and see what they find. I am great at saying Stay Calm when I am so high anxiety myself !!! LOL

Please let us know what happens on your Appt. Good luck. Think Positive.

These people on this board? They are super and so helpful...........

Oleander

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2006, 03:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User

If it makes you feel any better, I have/had thyroid cancer and I never had one of the symptoms you mentioned. I never felt bad, never had pressure on my throat, etc.

That's not to say that some people don't, but the majority of people who have thyroid cancer never saw it coming. Usually the first clue was when the doctor felt their thyroid gland during a routine check and the doctor would feel an enlargement.

Certainly though, with your symptoms, you need to have a doctor palpate your gland and then send you for an ultrasounds. In my experience in reading people's thyroid troubles, it seems that thyroid troubles (versus thyroid cancer) give people much more trouble.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

mirandarose HB User
Question Re: Could I have thyroid cancer?

Thankyou so very much. I feel so much better. I have cried all week and have looked all over the web for answers. They all come up with cancer as a answer. I really appreciate your reply. Thanks again.But, one more question what else could it be?I know for a fact I have a thyroid problem. It just worries me with the tightness and feeling like there is something stuck in my throat?It has only happened three times.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User

What could it be? Hashimoto's thyroiditis probably. I really don't know but any inflammatory process in the thyroid gland can you give the symptoms. Benign cysts that enlarge quickly (due to a thyroid condition) can cause this.

As far as looking this up on the internet--just stop. Take it from me, a very *serious* hypochondriac, ANYTHING you look up on the internet can ultimately be cancer. ANYTHING. They do that to purposely scare people into seeking medical help. There are many people out there who, when looking on the internet will think they've found there answer and won't go to the a doctor. All those website put the "cancer" word in there because there is always a slight possibility that it could be and they don't want people ignoring things.

Closed Thread