It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

228chi HB User
thyroid cancer help needed

Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I have lots of questions about thyriod cancer. I had a TT on May 17, 2007. I am at home recovering well. I feel great. My neck is still a little stiff and not much of a scar to be noticed. My doctor has recommended RAI on June 27, 2007. I am not taking any meds and I have begun a low iodine diet. I would enjoy any info on foods appropriate for this diet. I have four children under the age of 11 and I am very busy. I had a TT after finding a nodule that turned out to be cancer. Mixed papillary and follicular. How soon will I go hypo. How will I know? What can I expect after RAI? What about my children. Thanks in advance for any answers you give.
Chi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User
Re: thyroid cancer help needed

Hi~

Have u checked out the thyroid board here? They have some GREAT people there that may be able to help u with your questions. I also have thyroid disease. Graves and did the RAI in Feb. Went into hypo hell really bad and just started on replacement therapy.

But try the thyroid board there are allot of well informed people there that have gone thru the same type of thing as u have!

Good luck 2 u!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread