It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
(male)

eric555 HB User
thyroid cancer?

I am in my teens and really dont no much about thyroid cancer but i have been having a kind of soar throat and a hoarse voice.They both kinda come on and off. Those are the only symptoms and i don't know what it is or what i should do. Can anyone help?

I use to smoke but it was only for about 10 months.

Last edited by eric555; 01-08-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User
Re: thyroid cancer?

Hello Eric;

You really need to go to the doctor and be examined first. He/she will pull blood to test your thyroid if your symptoms are pointing in that direction.

Your symptoms could be thyroid related or something as simple as sinus drainage. Both are very treatable.

Definetly, go to the doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
(male)

eric555 HB User

If it is thyroid related how serious could it be?

Old 01-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

If it is thyroid related it would be serious insofar as you may need to be on a tiny hormone daily to replace what your thyroid may not be producing (which is usually the case).

Your symptoms do not necessarily sound like they are thyroid related. They sound sinus related to me. I have sinus drainage that comes and goes. Your symptoms sound like what I experience when my sinuses are acting up.

Do you live with your parents or a relative? If so, you need to talk to them and see about making a doctor's appointment so you can be properly diagnosed.

Posters on this board are very knowledgable because most are diagnosed with thyroid conditions and have done their homework but, "we" are not professionals here. I strongly advise you to get diagnosed FIRST. Then use this forum as a support mechanism.

We don't diagnose here, we support.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User

Most cases of thyroid cancer have no symptoms--it is usually just found by chance when the doctor examines/feels your gland and notes an unusual enlargement or lump.

People with advanced tumors that have gotten large will notice hoarseness and a full sensation in the neck. But it does not come and go as your symptoms do. Tumors are quite solid and they cause constant and ever increasing pressure. So the fact that you are getting hoarse off and on and having occasional sore throats really doesn't sound like a thyroid issue. It is either post-nasal drip or refluxing acid into the throat.

Closed Thread