It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Thyroid cancer question

If one had thryoid cancer would the something show up abnormal in the standard thyroid blood tests?

I am still convinced something is off with my thryoid due to how I have been feeling. My nerve tests went just fine thank God. The dr said it could be my thryoid (hence more tests) or anxiety but I just do not think anxiety would cause shooting pains, extreme joint cracking, fatiuge, full body non stop muscle twitches and coldness in hands and feet-though you never know!

Feedback appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Thyroid cancer question

The "symptom" for thyroid cancer is a thyroid nodule. Bloodwork is usually just fine and normal. I had thyroid cancer, and I felt just fine, and my blood work was fine. Thyroid cancer, and "thyroid disease" such as hashimotos and graves and thyroiditis, are totally different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Wow, thanks for sharing Reese. I guess the nodule would be pretty noticable huh?

Thanks again for sharing...just trying to figure out why my body is out of whack...so far all blood tests are fine aside from flucuating TSH.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #4
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

My nodules weren't very noticable from the outside. They didn't hurt or anything. I look 'fuller' in the neck because of the enlarged thyroid and goiter. They found the nodules on an ultrasound. The surgeon could feel one when he did an exam...pushing VERY hard on my neck which was actually painful. He felt the larger one, but the others had to be seen on the ultrasound.

---mmmcoffee

Closed Thread