It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

littletree777 HB User
lymphoma from thyroid cancer

Hi I am a 45 year old woman who had cervical cancer and endometriosis in the early 90's. This was taken care of with a total hyst. Then in 2003; I started feeling tired, night sweats and losing weight. I also had pain in the base of the back of my head, pressure in the thyroid area. In April 2003, both my thyroid and isthmus was removed and they found papillary with a follicular variant. I had I131 and sat in a lead room for 4 days. Felt great for almost a year then I went back to the doc with all the same symptoms with a new one. Chains of small lymph nodes in my neck that cause discomfort. The doc said this was not worrisome because all the stantard tests did not show cancer. I pressed to have the largest ones removed...the cancer had metastisized to my lymph nodes. I have not undergone any treatment for this other than surgery;removing most of the lymph nodes. I have been and felt healthy until about October of 2009. I have moved to a small town in CA and I feel like I'm back to the same drawing board with all of the same symptoms...except the lymph nodes are in my left hip and right calf and righr forearm. I've been told I no longer have thyroid cancer, but some kind of lymphoma. But my last needle biopsy only said lymphoid dysplasia. The mri of my hip said reactive lymph nodes. They are now telling me there is nothng to worry about. I'm not getting better. I'm afraid by the time someone figures this out...it will be too late. What do I do? signed: little tree

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2010, 05:21 AM   #2
(female)

gumnut HB User
Re: lymphoma from thyroid cancer

Without a doubt I think you should keep pushing for answers. You have experienced being let down by the medical profession, your life is much more important than avoiding annoying them by insisting that they look into this. Your gut instinct has served you well in the past; I would rather explore my symptoms unnecessarily and waste money, versus ignore something and end up discovering I have an advanced terminal condition. Good luck, I hope things turn out well for you.

Closed Thread