It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
(female)

greenka72 HB User
Question FNA with all types of cells - confused

Hi: I am new here and have searched all over for more information. I hope someone can help. I recently had an FNA and my ENT said it was most likely benign. But, frankly, I don't trust him (for various other reasons). I want a second opinion and strongly favor alternative treatments. I just need to know what kind of Dr to go to for a second opinion.

Here are my FNA results...please let me know your thoughts/advice etc.

"Left nodule solid: A few cohesive groups of follicular cells, hurthle cells, numerous hemosiderin-laden macrophages and watery free colloid background, consistent with degenerating colloid nodule."

It is a 2.5cm mass. Also, for what its worth, the specimen consisted of "brown and hazy fluid"

Lately, too, I have been feeling the nodule pressing more on my larynx or windpipe (?). So, it is not like it is shrinking.

I know this isn't a place for diagnosis really. But, I just have a feeling that my ENT wasn't so sure about things. I asked lots of quesitons but got lots of "don't worry, we will do it again in 6 months." Sort of dismissive... =(

I am a 38 yo woman. Mother of 3 boys who need me. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: FNA with all types of cells - confused

Your ENT might not have enough thyroid experience---I would get the opinion of an endocrinologist as well, and look for another ENT, perhaps at a teaching hospital or cancer center to discuss it further.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reece For This Useful Post:
greenka72 (04-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
(female)

greenka72 HB User
Re: FNA with all types of cells - confused

I am reviving this post to see what anyone else thinks...also wanted to add another weird thing to the mix...

I went into the ER for what the drs assumed was viral pleurisy. Chest pains, breathing difficulty etc. But after 10 days on naprosyn I feel fine. HOWEVER, at the hospital, I had a CT Scan and they found a large hemangioma on my liver.

Of course there was a lot of "don't worry" its probably nothing. But I am wondering if it is a tumor that could have metastasized from the thyroid???

Any help is appreciated!

Closed Thread