It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

dee46 HB User
blood in mouth and Thyroid

I was diagnosed recently via CT w/contrast to have multiple nodules. I am waiting to get a Ultrasound. I have been bleeding in my mouth somewhere for about a month a teaspoon of blood at times and others just blood tinged mucus. I think it my teeth, I know it isn't my esophagus. It may be post nasal sinuses, but whatever it is I am concerned. I am very sore in my thyroid gland. I am extremely tired, but have a rapid pulse of 126 pounding palpatations that start all a month ago. My question does any of these symptoms go with Thyroid nodules ???

Dee

Old 05-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
(female)

kvgirl HB User
Re: blood in mouth and Thyroid

Hi! That sounds uncomfortable. I have a few thyroid nodules and some swollen glands. I have never had any issues in my mouth. Although I do get the heart palapatations quite frequently. I had one of my nodules biopsied (1.4 cm) and it was negative. I would go and see and ent or maybe your dentist if you feel like it is coming from you gums. Depending on the size of your nodule, I was told by a tech that they have to biopsy if the growth is 1 cm or larger, so keep that in mind when you have your ultrasound. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
(female)

dee46 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvgirl View Post
Hi! That sounds uncomfortable. I have a few thyroid nodules and some swollen glands. I have never had any issues in my mouth. Although I do get the heart palapatations quite frequently. I had one of my nodules biopsied (1.4 cm) and it was negative. I would go and see and ent or maybe your dentist if you feel like it is coming from you gums. Depending on the size of your nodule, I was told by a tech that they have to biopsy if the growth is 1 cm or larger, so keep that in mind when you have your ultrasound. Good Luck!
KVGirl:

When you say heart palpation's how fast is your heart rate mine goes to 130 at times and pounds practically out of my chest. That puts you at risk for a blood clot to. Once I got to 150 the heart isn't pumping right and it keeps blood then what happens it throws it out in the form of a clot. It's dangerous to have heart palpation's of 150 and above. This scares me! Thanks for sharing. Also is the biopsy painful???? How is it done under local anesthetics?

Last edited by dee46; 05-27-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
(female)

kvgirl HB User

Hi, I had no idea about the blood clot issue. I never measured the actual number, but I will have to tell my doc. It just feels like my heart is going to pop out of my chest. What did your doc say about it? Does he think it is related to your thyroid? I do think that your thyroid can cause rapid heart beat. How is the blood in your mouth? That baffles me... I had a biopsy and everyone told me it wouldn't hurt and it didn't. They give you a local numbing and that's the only thing that stung. The actual biopsy is a breeze. I was a little sore for about 3 weeks with a small bruise and a mild sore throat. But that is normal, it all went away. I have a ct scan on wed. with contrast. If nothing else shows than I am going to stop worrying for a while. What is the latest on all of your test? Good luck!

Old 05-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
(female)

dee46 HB User

Quote:
Hi, I had no idea about the blood clot issue. I never measured the actual number, but I will have to tell my doc. It just feels like my heart is going to pop out of my chest. What did your doc say about it? Does he think it is related to your thyroid? I do think that your thyroid can cause rapid heart beat. How is the blood in your mouth? That baffles me... I had a biopsy and everyone told me it wouldn't hurt and it didn't. They give you a local numbing and that's the only thing that stung. The actual biopsy is a breeze. I was a little sore for about 3 weeks with a small bruise and a mild sore throat. But that is normal, it all went away. I have a ct scan on wed. with contrast. If nothing else shows than I am going to stop worrying for a while. What is the latest on all of your test? Good luck!
I had a CT w/contrast first to rule out a pulmonary embolism and they discovered the nodules and recommended a Ultrasound. I have an appt. with a endocrinologist on the 14th of June. I suppose they will do a biopsy then. I'm scared. Anytime your heart rate goes up pass 120 your in danger of a clot. I have been healthy all these years and no heart problems but since I got this heart rate issue caused by my malfunctioning thyroid they put me on Lopressor 50mg XL I take it when I need it and not everyday usually every 3 days is all I can tolerate its because it cause me Atrial flutter. You need to watch your heart rate first of all and if it isn't to high then your okay. My heart rate went up to 150 and 180 last week. That is really dangerous and it feels like it is coming out of my chest pounding so hard.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
(female)

kvgirl HB User

Oh my goodness that is a scary heart rate. I was told that they have to biopsy if the nodule is ove 1 cm. But anything smaller they just keep an eye on it. They found my nodule from an mri I had on my neck for pain and numbness in my right arm. I am just concerned because of my family history. We have a lot of cancer and I lost my sis 7 years ago (age 43) from thyroid cancer that spread to her lungs and bones. So even though thyroid issues are very treatable... it still scares me. Good luck at the endo... let me know how you make out!

Old 05-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
(female)

dee46 HB User

Quote:
Oh my goodness that is a scary heart rate. I was told that they have to biopsy if the nodule is ove 1 cm. But anything smaller they just keep an eye on it. They found my nodule from an mri I had on my neck for pain and numbness in my right arm. I am just concerned because of my family history. We have a lot of cancer and I lost my sis 7 years ago (age 43) from thyroid cancer that spread to her lungs and bones. So even though thyroid issues are very treatable... it still scares me. Good luck at the endo... let me know how you make out!
Wow, well I am pretty scared. Why can't they tell if it is cancer on a CT I wonder why. I hurt in my bones as a matter of fact. I did have a chest Ultrasound showed nothing. I am getting more anxiety waiting to see this doctor and get a conclusive exam.

Thanks

Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 AM   #8
(female)

kvgirl HB User

It's normal to be scared.... I did notice however, that a lot of my heart palp, and dizziness went away after I got the negative report from my biopsy. I am sure you are just having anxiety. Nerves can really mess with your system. I was having panic attacks were I had to pull my car over on the highway with my 3 children in the car... Like I said, it did subside after I got the neg. I wish they could tell if it were cancer that easily too. But depending on the size you may not have to do anything!

Old 05-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
(female)

dee46 HB User

Quote:
How long does your heart palpation's last and how often have you been getting them. For me I have always had a elevated heart rate 99-110 the 110 with activity, at rest it's between 88-100. I get heart palpation's almost everyday it's hard on me. I've been hurting in my rib and the doctor said it was dislocated he x-ray it and saw nothing, but I am scared now you told me of your sister. You see all these symptoms just started 3 months ago.

Dee

Old 05-31-2011, 06:12 AM   #10
(female)

kvgirl HB User

Hi Dee, My sisters case was very rare. I almost think it may be heriditary, that's why I am worried. I would be more concerned by your heart palps... Your doc should really do something about that and if he doesn't depending on your insurance I would go over his head. I think that thyroid issues do cause rapid heart weight, but I think it is caused by hypothyroidism or hyper.... Do you have a family history of heart problems?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:02 PM   #11
(female)

dee46 HB User

Quote:
Hi Dee, My sisters case was very rare. I almost think it may be heriditary, that's why I am worried. I would be more concerned by your heart palps... Your doc should really do something about that and if he doesn't depending on your insurance I would go over his head. I think that thyroid issues do cause rapid heart weight, but I think it is caused by hypothyroidism or hyper.... Do you have a family history of heart problems?
Hey

Well this is not heart it is related to Thyroid and it can be either hypo or hyper. He the doctor from the ER put me lopressor 50 XL to help with the heart palpation's until I get help from a Endocrinologist.

Dee

Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #12
(female)

dee46 HB User

Went to the Endocrinologist today only I saw his NP, what the heck? This guy said the nodules could have been there for years, okay. Then he said hypothyroid doesn't present tachycardia well I read on the net it can. Well anyway he scheduled a Ultrasound and lots of blood test and I go back in 6 weeks to get the results.

Still worried because he is to carefree about it.

Last edited by dee46; 06-07-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Closed Thread