It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

1uvakindmom HB User
Unhappy Worried about u/s findings

Well, I'm back...last year I was diagnosed with two thyroid nodules, had an FNA on the larger one, and it was found to be benign (mixed normal and microfollicular cells). I just had my 12 month f/u u/s on 9/30, and this morning I recieved a call from my ENT to make an apt for tomorrow or Wednesday. That immediately worried me b/c my f/u apt was already scheduled for 10/24. Why the urgency? I picked up my u/s report and didnt really like what I read. Both nodules have enlarged, but one is still tiny. The larger one has grown about 1/2 cm (from 1.0 cm to 1.5 cm) in a year. It has a blood supply and an irregular border in places and is macrolobulated. The radiologist recommended another biopsy or an excision b/c it has suspicious characteristics. This has me worried. Follicular cancer comes to mind. My husband is out of the picture now (completely, no rights to kids or anything) so I am a single mom. I am trying to finish up nursing school so I can support my family. I am all my kids have left. I cannot have something like cancer happen to me...I am really scared now. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. You were all so kind to me last year.

Last edited by 1uvakindmom; 10-03-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread