It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
(female)

cls1 HB User
Question HUH? Hurthle, Hashi, Benign, Cancer? IDK?

Just to verfy I am understanding what I have read.....

It is considered normal for Hashi patients to have Hurthle cells correct? Is Hashi's determined from antibodies? If so, I have Hashi's. I have Hurthle cells and antibodies. All other thyroid levels are normal. So....until my numbers (other than antibodies) begin to show "something", there is no treatment, correct?

Do ALL thyroid nodule FNA results show follicular cells? What makes them benign/cancerous? If there is colloid material, does that automatically prove to be BENIGN?? Same with Lymphocyes ?

CAN or CAN'T pathologists tell the difference between benign and cancerous Hurthle cells? I am reading conflicting information . I don't want to make a bigger deal out of this that it really is.

AND.....is it my understanding that it is more difficult to biopsy a "larger" nodule? If so, what constitutes large...lol

WHO MAKES THESE RULES....lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread