It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
(female)

jsuckling1978 HB User
Smile thyroid nodules for the second time

Hi, in 2000 I found a lump in my neck after scans and biopsy they decided to take away the lump and the left side of my thyroid, my results came back clear of cancer and since then i have been fine, about a year ago I started feeling very low, always tired, lost weight have constant upset stomache and I am freezing cold all the time, my doctor took a blood test to check my thyroid but tests came back ok, for the last few months i have a feeling in my neck that im being strangled find it hard to swallow its worse when i lay down at night I also have a pain under my jaw on the left side where i have no thyroid, This week I had an ultrasound done that showed a nodule on my remaining side of my thyroid, im starting to panic as last time I had no symptoms apart from a lump, are all these symptoms conected to my thyroid, ive been told i have to wait for my doctor to recieve the results which could take 10 days before i know what will happen next, has anyone else had this problem.
Thanks for reading

Old 11-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: thyroid nodules for the second time

i had the same thing.....
just had a ultrasound guided FNA and they said to repeat it in a year
they don't seem too worried

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2011, 07:24 AM   #3
(female)

jsuckling1978 HB User

Thanks for your reply, did you have all the symptoms aswell, today even my tongue feels swollen and its hard to swollow.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

it just felt like a lump in my throat, my tongue didn't swell, but it just felt like something big in my throat, like it did the first time
i also have hashi's and from what i'm learning, nodules are quite common with hashi's and usually benign, apparantly that's why they're not that worried.
have you ever had an anti-bodies test to see if you have hashi's?

Closed Thread