It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
(female)

smileyhappy HB User
Surgery for Thyroid cancer

Hi there,

I just found out I need surgery for Thyroid Cancer. I have a 11 cm nodule that is cancerous plus I had a cervical mapping done and they found out I might have another one very close by to the thyroid. I believe in the lymph nodes.

I heard that some people have trouble speaking, eating or drinking.

Was wondering how other people have done after this surgery and if you had any problems afterwards.

Thanks,

Smileyhappy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
(female)

LuanneW HB User
Re: Surgery for Thyroid cancer

I had a total removal of my thyroid in 2007 (at age 43) and I had no problems at all after surgery. I could talk as soon as I woke up in recovery and have had no issues with talking, eating or anything. Everything will be fine. Wishing you the best!

The Following User Says Thank You to LuanneW For This Useful Post:
smileyhappy (01-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #3
(female)

smileyhappy HB User
Re: Surgery for Thyroid cancer

Hi LuanneW,

Thanks for answering my question. I'm glad yours went well. That gives me more hope for the surgery.

Smileyhappy

Old 12-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
(female)

smileyhappy HB User
Smile Re: Surgery for Thyroid cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuanneW View Post
I had a total removal of my thyroid in 2007 (at age 43) and I had no problems at all after surgery. I could talk as soon as I woke up in recovery and have had no issues with talking, eating or anything. Everything will be fine. Wishing you the best!
Hi LuanneW,

Thanks for answering my question. I'm glad yours went well. That gives me more hope for the surgery.

Smileyhappy

Closed Thread