Thyroid lobe removed pathology report undetermined
I posted here in October and got some great advice. Recap, 3+cm nodule plus several others on left lobe, multiple tiny nodules on right lobe. FNA came back inconclusive, ENT decided that we should go ahead with left lobectomy because it was pushing on my trachea causing breathing issues.
On 12/27 underwent surgery not knowing if it would be a TT or just the lobe. Path report was undetermined during surgery after 4 hours under surgeon decided to leave the right lobe. Left lobe was sent for "stain" test to determine if there was any cancerous cells. If cancerous, he would recommend within the month removing right lobe.
Has anyone had any experience with this type of testing. When I had my followup appointment on 12/29 he still hadn't heard anything back. He said because it he hadn't heard back anything conclusive it wasn't looking good for me and I should gear up for another surgery.
Just curious if anyone has gone for the stain test and it came back cancer free? If I have to have another surgery I cannot afford not to return to work this week and be able to take another week or two the end of this month. Doctor is out of town until thursday, so I won't have the results until my follow up appt.
Any advice is welcome.