It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

Augustusine HB UserAugustusine HB User
Thyroid and brain fog

I am concerned that my memory is going fast although I did have a friend, also taking thyroid tablets who said she feels really ratty when her thyroid is playing up and levels are not right. I am wondering if that's why I am now having trouble. I have had to ring people up to see if I had made plans to go out with them and having trouble remembering and my thyroid problems have increased excessive weight gain for me. I seem to have put on 12 kgs in about 12 weeks, excess weight around bra line and upper arms. What's worse too is I have only ever looked like that once before after the birth of my younger son 33 years ago when they reduced my thryroid rapidly. All of a sudden my deodorant stopped working, I was breast feeding and had piled all the exra weight on. I am going to Drs today to see if there are any results from antibody tests. I have been watching what I eat, as per usual and have just seen the dietician who confims many of my choices are good, I do have to minimise my protein intake though, mainly meat. I have more trouble limiting portion control there than I do with sweet things. Can anyone shed light on the memory loss. Usually I don't miss much but it's a worry.

Last edited by Augustusine; 01-26-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
(female)

Re: Thyroid and brain fog

Hello all I saw Dr and dietician yesterday. I asked about Cushings disease too. Dr said all tests were normal ( I can put them on if anyone is interested and I had just commenced 100mcgs thyroxine then). He also said the higher dose of 100mcgs after 50mcgs may take two weeks to kick in. I have to have another series of blood tests anyway and a urine 24 hr collection for cushings. I have just started the food exercise diary, it is amazing how it mounts up even when you think you're eating healthy. Sorry, (it wasn't what I wanted to hear either but doing the numbers really makes you realise and it is such a drag.) I know where the trap is though, for me anyway. It is facebook, sit sit sit and the TV after dinner because I sit down and think about what else I'd like to eat. The solution is get up, do something, vacuum a room, play guitar or anything else or clean out the pantry or fridge while you're listening to the telly/music etc. Hope it helps.

Last edited by Augustusine; 01-27-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
(female)

Re: Thyroid and brain fog

I have lost a few kgs down from 74.5kg to 71.8kg and am pleased however I think it is a combination of an increased dose of thyroxine and reducing the Lexapro. (an antidepressant) I think that medication did me the world of good and I felt well on it but it helped increase my weight so much. I am now on 2.5 each night and will go on to 2.5 every alternate night after a weeks time. I am exercising again and realise I need it even if it is just 30 minute walk up a hill or 45 on level ground. Still writing down the calories. Hope you others are getting some answers to your queries too.

Last edited by Augustusine; 02-09-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typing mistake

Closed Thread