It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
(female)

millee123 HB User
I had an Ultrasound today

About 1 year ago, I slipped and fell on ice and hit my head on ice and went unconscious. The DR. was adamant that I have a MRI on my head. The results were normal, but the radiologist did put a note at the bottom of the report that he saw something on the thyroid that needed to get checked out. To make a long story short, we ended moving around a lot and ended up in Klamath Falls, Oregon. My Dr diagnosed hypothyroidism and placed me on medication. I took the medication, but continued to have severe reactions to it. Once I was finally able to get back into her office and show her the sheet from the pharmacy with the contra-indications, she said to stop immediately, and she scheduled an ultrasound.
Today I finally had an ultrasound on my thyroid after tests since September and continual blood work. I asked the technician if she could tell me anything, as I knew that usually they don't tell the patient anything except that the results would be read by the radiologist that day and sent over to the doctor the following day. Much to my surprise, she said "it doesn't look good". "I'll make sure the radiologist see's these results as soon as possible so that your doctor can have the results today".
It's now about 7:20PM and I have not received any call from the doctor. Has anyone else out there had this same type of experience? I am absolutely freaking out!!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
(female)

Lolly808 HB UserLolly808 HB User
Re: I had an Ultrasound today

Oh my goodness! I hate when they do that!

I'm sorry that you are having such stress and having to wait for a phone call from your Dr. regarding your results.

Try to stay calm. I am new to this board, but remember that even if it is cancer, which you do not know that it is, it is a very treatable and curable one to have. I'm learning all of this from all of the wonderful people here on this board!

I had an US and have some thyroid nodules, one which is 4 cm! I am waiting now to see an ENT which I see on the 20th.

So let us know what the Doctor says when he finally calls you! Hope you get some rest tonight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
(female)

millee123 HB User

Thank you Lolly808 for responding! I feel very much better today. It's been 1.5 days since the ultrasound and the DR's asst. finally called around 3pm today. She said that yes, I do have nodules but there is nothing to worry about. I told her that my husband & I are moving to the White Mountains of Arizona at the end of this month, and she said she would be sure to include these results in the packet that they will send to my next doctor once I find a DR that still takes Medicare patients

Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
(female)

Lolly808 HB UserLolly808 HB User

Good good!

Let us know how everything goes once you get settled in your new home and see a new Doctor! Hopefully you can find a good one soon.

Glad you are sounding less stressed.

alohaz.......:-))))))

Closed Thread