It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

eworth02 HB User
Help.

Hi. My name is Erin. I am 32 years old.

2 weeks ago I noticed my thyroid was about the size of a golf ball. I quickly got in to see a doctor. She had me do blood work and here are the results:

Thyroxine 12.2
TSH 1.65
T3 uptake 33
Free Thyroxine Index 4.0

The doctor stated that those numbers were fine. So she had me schedule a biopsy. I had it last Monday and received the results today.

Diagnosis:Suspicious for carcinoma (see comment)
Comment: In addition to minute fragments of benign muscle fibers the submitted material consists of fibrous connective tissue and extensive necrotic tissue. Within the necrotic material are the ghost outlines of atypical epithelioid cells. These cells are highlighted with pancytokeratin immunohistochemistry which also highlights preserved nests and acinar configurations of atypical epithelioid cells. This case will be sent to an outside reference institution for a second opinion and probable additional immunohistochemical analysis.

My doctor told me this was not her specialty and that I needed to get to an oncologist and surgeon stat. My appointments for both of those are on Thursday.

Anyone ever see those type of results?? What does that mean? If it is suspicious is that something that is more than likely cancer?

Closed Thread