It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
(female)

Angelicdragon HB User
goitre or cancer

I have a 3 cm lump just appear at the the very base of my throat about a week ago. Never noticed it before,
Managed to see a Dr the next day who sent me for ultrasound.
Saw a different Dr the next day for the results as mine was on leave and the Dr said it looked like a goitre with hard bits in it and radiology suggested a FNA also the report said there were two lumps..I am scared becaues my ex fiance, father of my eldest son is on his 18 the month and now able to have 3 monthly checks. The guy I was going out with before my husband apologised for not coming to see me when I was in hosp for 3 wks with spinal surgery but he had just been found to have throat cancer and has now had 2 ops and started the chemo and radiation. ( yeah I have kept in contact which my hubby knows an is as friends with em as me, sometimes if not more lol)
I have had a hoarse voice for many months so long I cant' recall and feel like I have to clear my throat a lot, some post nasal buildup,trouble swallowing. Tablets are fun to try and swallow. Throat is often sore too.
So i don't know what to think except I do know I am tired ans off to sleep.
Jan '14 PLIF L5/S1 (fusion)

Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
(male)

aksteelhead HB User
Re: goitre or cancer

Suggest you see a good endocrinologist. It's important to rule out thyroid cancer. Fortunately most thyroid cancers can be easily treated by a combination or surgery followed by radioactive iodine (I131) treatment - the magic bullet.

If it's not cancer the Dr may want to prevent further growth by prescribing levoxyl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
(female)

Angelicdragon HB User

H iThere. I had a biopsy done but once the Dr started he realised it was just old blood s he changed to a syringe and withdrew about 5l of old blood. There was more the next 3 days but I gather my body absorbed it. so no idea where it came from but I am so glad it was nothing to really worry about.
Thank you for your reply
Jan '14 PLIF L5/S1 (fusion)

Old 05-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
(female)

cagannon HB User

I too have an enlarged thyroid and multiple nodules. i also have horse throat and found that the goiter is pressing on my treacha and has displaced it.. i will go for a biopsy on the two largest nodules tomorrow. from what i have read thryoid cancer is rare but possible. just be thankful as i am that someone found it in hopefully in time

Closed Thread