It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

bellasophie HB User
Unhappy 3cm nodule with increased blood flow on right side of thyroid

Hi this is my first post, and just wondered if anyone has had the same,
I am 36 and a mum of one 5 yr old boy,
I have been unwell on and off for a while, and do sufffer with hormone issues, mood swings, depression etc, i went on natural hormone treatment to fall pregnant with my son as hormone levels were very low.(progesterone)
Anyway went to docs as had been in bed sick most of the wk and thought i was getting a ear infection or sore throat?
ended up having an ulrtra sound as thyroid was swollen.
They found i have a 3cm lump on my right side and were concerned as it was on its own with increased blood flow????
I have since had a biopsy and waiting results,
also what i thought was the lump is in fact a swollen lympth node under my jaw which i think is making me feel like im getting ear ache and sore throat, but i have also had pains up my right side of head,im also going from heaps of energy to non atall ???? this is all so confusing as i am just sick of feeling crap, thought it was because id been busy at work etc but i just cant seem to get on top of the ever changing emotions and tiredness, can anyone help and should i be concerned if the lump is on its own?
thankyou for your time x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: 3cm nodule with increased blood flow on right side of thyroid

Your doctors are doing the right thing in terms of the nodule, it needs a biopsy, but since it is so large, you may be looking at removing that thyroid lobe---either way. Your symptoms from a nodule would be constrictive in your neck (tightness, hoarseness etc.), if it's your thyroid itself (most nodules are benign, and found in people with hashimotos--low thyroid hormone), but more likely you have low thyroid hormone which is giving you the symptoms you describe.

Doesn't sound like cancer, sounds like you may need surgery, as well as thyroid hormone to make you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread