It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
(female)

blueeyes65 HB User
Sono on Thyroid Results

Hello I am new to this forum and glad I found it, my nerves are just shot at this point in time. I received my sonogram results and would like to post some of it so that maybe someone can tell me what it means.

A mixed density mass is seen involving the midportion of the right lobe of the thyroid posteriorly. This measures 15X34 millimeters and contains small areas of echogenicity most like reflecting calcification. IMPRESSION: worrisome mass involving the right lobe. FNA is recommended. Which I know that means biopsy.

Thank you
Sheila

Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
(female)

thyroidmess HB Userthyroidmess HB Userthyroidmess HB Userthyroidmess HB Userthyroidmess HB User
Re: Sono on Thyroid Results

I'm so sorry you are facing this but many have and even if it's cancer,as I'm sure you've read here, they do fine. Consider yourself fortunate this was found and docs didn't blow you off. You will be just fine I'm sure. Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread