It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

anotherYOU HB User
Could a nodule even if it was cancer cause all of these symptoms??

18 months ago, i started to experience hair shedding and lighter periods though regular. Then a feeling of tightness in my neck. All Thyroid tests normal. Recent ultrasound showed an ill defined hypoechoic 'somewhat' nodule in left lob 14x5 mm(very weird dimensions), and isoechoic 7x6mm same lob and a very small nodule in right lobe. I lost more than 70% of my hair, thinning eyebrows and even in private areas. Biopsy is schdualed 2 months from now which is driving me crazy. TSH is getting down in each test so from 2.87 to now 0.66 and am starting to have palpitations and headaches. it was also mildly COLD on Nuclear Scan. I know that all of these characteristics of a nodule are THE BAD ONES. Does CANCER cause all of these symptoms?

Old 12-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Could a nodule even if it was cancer cause all of these symptoms??

No thyroid cancer doesn't cause any symptoms, other than constriction of the nodule itself. What could be happening are thyroid symptoms---the nodule could have been "hot" and giving you hyper symptoms and then burnt out, and you could have hashimotos as an issue totally separate to the nodule. You should work on your blood levels, get a needle biopsy on the nodules, and if it's benign it's even possible that thyroid meds will make the nodules disappear.

You could have thyroiditis which is causing your up and down thyroid numbers too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
(female)

anotherYOU HB User
Unhappy Re: Could a nodule even if it was cancer cause all of these symptoms??

The enlarged lymph nodes(1.8cm) is whats concerning me. They stated in the ultrasound that they look reactive. But i never read about ONE CASE that has a nodule and enlarged lymph nodes and turned to be a BENIGN case?!!

Old 12-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

People with hashis tend to have enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. Ironically, I had enlarged lymph nodes (found during surgery not noted on ultrasound which was just of thyroid only), and thyroid cancer (no hashis), but my lymph nodes were actually benign. Some people just have enlarged lymph nodes in general---I am one of those people.

I never read anything about lymph nodes prior to thyroid cancer, so I can't help you there.

I doubt you have cancer, but if you do, please know that this cancer is easily treatable and curable, so different than other cancers. You will lead a long healthy life even if it were. I'm almost 9 years out, hasn't changed the course of my health or life thankfully, just a yucky bump in the road. Go out, enjoy the world and life, try not to waste too much of your life and time on this right now, just take it one small step at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself, there's nothing to be gained.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
(female)

anotherYOU HB User

Thank you Reece for your support. You are Great. I have an appointment on thursday with another doctor, hopefully he can scheduale a closer biopsy date. Thanks again. God Bless you

Closed Thread