It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
(female)

lovegrl486 HB User
Pathology report

I was dx with papillary carcinma and also had another with follucular variant. I am worried abot the finding. The larger of the 3 is 2.5cm. Margins are involved by carcinoma in multiple areas. Capsular invasion-widely invasive. Smaller tumor lymph-vascular invasion-present and focal(1 vessel). What should I be concered with. I had my TT just over a week ago. My worry is that is may have spread. It looks like it will be over a month before the do anything else. I hate waiting. I know it grows slow but I want to know. Please help me understand these finding.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Pathology report

Sorry for your diagnosis. I had the same thing---same type, and vascular invasion---mine actually spread to the muscle in front of it.

Now In many hospitals, if there was no capsular invasion, with pappillary, they won't even consider it cancer any more. But since yours invaded they will probably recommend RAI. RAI can kill off cells anywhere, and since yours likely just spread in the neck, as mine did, you have an excellent change of being cured.

I had this over 8 years ago, had a large dose of RAI, and am thankfully fine ever since. You will do well, just take it one step at a time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread