HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Thyroid (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-thyroid/)
-   -   sory for all the posts I am just freaking out (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-thyroid/932739-sory-all-posts-i-am-just-freaking-out.html)

debmc1958 12-23-2012 07:15 AM

sory for all the posts I am just freaking out

I am trying my hardest to remain calm and power through the holidays. I don't know if it is a manifestation of the thyroid issue but I am having heart palpitations, chest pains, panic attacks, crippling depression. I've lost 4 lbs since Thursday when they told me the US results. The rational side of me is saying enough already, drama queen. haha I had a call from my sister yesterday who also has thyroid nodules but none so large and FNA was benign. She reminded me that when I had a lesion removed from my cervix 20 years ago, she was with me as I was freaking out in the doctor's office and he said "You are obsessing - Stop that! You had a growth, I took it out and now it's gone. So you are obsessing over nothing." So I guess I am just the panicking type.

Reece 12-23-2012 11:29 AM

Re: sory for all the posts I am just freaking out

I hope you can just take this one step at a time, nothing here will kill you, and it's likely just a benign growth, and an fna isn't a big deal, even if you have to have the surgery, it's not such a terrible surgery. You are going to live a long healthy life and be fine.

debmc1958 12-23-2012 01:55 PM

Thank you. I think I just need to hear that. I think it's anxiety making me crazy which has been a problem for me for many years.

thyroidmess 12-24-2012 01:06 PM

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this through the holidays. Perhaps get some valium or xanax to help you through the stress. It's so hard not knowing and having to wait. Stressing out like that can't be good for a person. Take care and best wishes.

debmc1958 12-25-2012 09:51 AM

Thanks so much for replying and your good thoughts. I have a migraine prescription that acts like an anti-depressant so if it gets to be too much, I will take that. I'm feeling a little better today but it's very hard because my mother just died last December so my kids are still grieving for her. I almost can't bear to think of next year.

thyroidmess 12-26-2012 10:22 AM

Oh my, you have your hands full. Grieving the loss of your mom along with all else. My mom died a year ago, still miss her so much. I can only somewhat relate. Taking care of my dad, working, animals to care for, husband in Afghanistan being bombed and shot at and not knowing what the heck is up with my thyroid. It is unnerving but we get through it because we have to. You will be OK, just know that. So few people with nodules/goiters actually have thyroid cancer and those that do, very very few have the invasive bad kind from what I've read. Take care of yourself.