I do not have antibodies. We check those every time. Its just the Tg. And yes, I'm very suppressed. Doc wants me suppressed, of course to ward of recurrence. I think it was .12 last time.
So its just that my darn Tg won't go down enough! It is trending down, but 9 months post RAI and at 24 doesnt sound good to me. He told me if it doesn't go down he wants me to have another RAI.
I had labs done yesterday, so I might know something tomorrow. Monday for sure. This will be a big one as my appt is Dec 5th and I think he wants to decide what to do based on these test results.
I started a new job which is very demanding. I manage the print department of a well known chain office supply store. I am very exhausted, but I think anyone would be working the hours I do. I am actually surprised I can even do it! I don't think I can do it for much longer though. I started mid November and I'm just feeling too poorly to continue much longer. My quality of life is suffering.
Anyway! I'll let you know what my labs show. Wish me luck! I really really really don't want another RAI. If I do have to, I may go off island to Oahu as my ENT doesn't believe in Thyrogen and I don't want to go hypo again for 5 weeks. And then another 5 or 6 to crawl out of the hole.
There is a lot of debate whether additional Rai's help to eradicate the TG. Mine was 11, so my Doctor didn't think another RAI would help. If the thyroid cancer is still in the lymph nodes, RAI generally can't kill it there. With your TG being 24, they probably would want to try again. I think it could take up to a year for it to go down, if memory serves me. I used to know a lot, but it's been 6 years since my RAI, so I don't research it as much. When I did do research, I found that roughly 1/3 of us will have TG the rest of our lives, and live with it.
Tg went from 24 to 22.7. Not much of a drop, but at least it is a drop.
FreeT4 0.8 (0.6-1.6)
Free T3 3.1 (2.1-3.6)
TSH 1.33 (0.34-5.60)
So obviously my TSH has gone up. Not sure why.
A little drop in the Tg! Maybe he will just tell me to wait and see. He did say last time he would probably zap me again, but maybe he didnt really mean it!
My T4 is pretty low though. The GP wants me to up my Synthroid to 200 mcg from 175. ENT hasn't weighed in as of yet.
Appt with him on 5th. GP was the one who called me with the results.
I really hate waiting though. It is not one of my strong points, which is not good with this disease!
You definitely needed to have your synthroid upped. You were very close to being hypo thyroid. Were you tired? Your TSH should be below 0.1, especially because you still have TG. I like to keep my FT4 around 1.6.
Best wishes that this time knocks out the TG once and for all!! Even if it gets it down to 5, you can live with that. Think I told you I have had all tests known to mankind including a PET. Found research online that said roughly 1/3 of us have TG where the source can't be found--and we LIVE with it. Glad you are being hospitalized, to keep the kitties safe. That was hard---staying away from the dogs. They kept wanting to sit next to me! I know the diet is rough---concentrate on the first thing you are going to eat after. In my case, it was deep dish pizza!! Don't forget to write back to let us know if this time worked!
The following user gives a hug of support to Linda1652: Lolly808 (03-11-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Linda1652 For This Useful Post: Lolly808 (03-11-2013)