It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

Lolly808 HB UserLolly808 HB User
2nd RAI here I come

Well, I knew it was going to happen, just hoping my Tg would somehow go down in time.

It is still 22.7 so I am scheduled for another round of I-131 on March 14th.

I've stopped my meds and started LID. My doc does not use Thyrogen, so I'm doing it the hard way.

Gonna try to work through the end of next week. Hopefully I can stay focused enough to make it. I have a high stress, very demanding position.

I have to be honest, I'm a little scared. Not for the process, but for the Reason behind it. I was hoping to have all of this behind me by now! Of course I'm not looking forward to going hypo, the LID, and the hospital isolation and all that follows.

It took me six weeks to crawl out of the hypo hole last time. I also had a big dose of I-131 which made me pretty sick. 209 mCi's. I'll know my dosage on the 28th of this month when I go see the Nuke Med doc.

So, after all the waiting and hoping at least I have a plan, right? I did it before, I can do it again! It just better work this time!

Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: 2nd RAI here I come

Good luck, hope it goes easy for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Linda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB User
Re: 2nd RAI here I come

If you have to have another RAI, you are in the best state to have it!! In most states, people have to remain isolated at home. When people have families they sometimes say they will go to a hotel, but then that exposes unsuspecting people to the radiation.

For the LID, you have access to the freshest fruits and vegetables!! And, you can grill your meats outside, which will make them taste much better. I did my RAI at this same time of the year. I thought it would have beeb easier if it were in the summer, when the weather was warm!!

Best wishes to you. Come back in a year to tell us it worked this time!

Reply Reply