It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
(female)

Susanna0174 HB User
Question diagnosed as having Hashimoto's,hypo and 2 nodules questions!

I was just diagnosed as having Hashimoto's disease and hypothyroidism just last week, AND had US indicating one nodule on left and right side. The report indicated that follow up study was to be recommended in 6 months to document interval stability, BUT my dr. recommends getting a biopsy done on my left nodule. The left one measures as 15x6x13 and the right is 6x4x6mm. No perithyroid abnormality nor lymhadenopathy detected. I have been on Nature throid medication for a week now and supposed to be having the biopsy done the end of June. Is the left side big? My dr says it is, but I can't feel anything. I do have to say my thyroid is sore. Unless it's my glands. Can anyone give me any ideas on what to expect? I believe I have had issues with my thyroid for years, but never gave it a second thought until last year. My antibodies were 561 and my TSH was 6.06, T3 and T4 normal. Dr. also has me on iron supplements. My iron was 43, trans sat 11, ferritin 4 and hemogloin was 10.9. So, YES I have been feeling horrible! I definitely feel better now. I'm watching my diet and taking my meds. Anyway, any thoughts on the thyroid nodules and their size. Also, the dr that will be doing the biopsy wants me to bring in the films so that he can compare. DO you think it's possible he won't do the biopsy or most likely will? Thanks so much! This is all new to me, but thyroid issues do run in my mom's family.

Last edited by Susanna0174; 05-14-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: diagnosed as having Hashimoto's,hypo and 2 nodules questions!

The left one is over 1cm and will likely have a needle biopsy. You might also try thyroid meds because you are hypothyroid and it might reduce the nodule sizes as well. You need the free t4 and free t3 tested, and they should be in the upper part of the lab range for you to feel good usually.

Reply Reply