It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

klutz HB User
Lab question

Hi,

Haven't posted in a while, getting ready to go in for a 5th surgery in 18 months to get rid of positive lymph nodes that keep popping up. After the 4th surgery I was left with nerve damage in my neck and shoulder. To combat that pain I am currently taking lyrica and savella, along with 250mcg synthroid and 5mcg Cytomel 2x daily. Needless to say I am still in pain and exhausted all the time.
I recently had labs done because I am so fatigued, foggy headed/lack of concentration, cold intolerance, hair loss, dry skin, you name it, just feeling really hypo. My Endo says its the lyrica/savella that are causing this issues and my neuro says its most likely thyroid related. Most recent labs are
TSH 0.94 range .3-3.00
free T3 6.6 range 1.5-4.1
free T4 1.83 range 0.8-2.00

TG is 2.0 range .0-55.00
TGAB is 20 range .0-40.00

Endo said that I should just continue with current dosing. Any thoughts on if it is thyroid related? I know I should be well versed in this by this point but I still get confused.

Thanks in advance

Old 06-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Lab question

According to these labs, you are not hypo. T3 is even a little high. Some of the fogginess, fatigue could be from the meds. What are the nodes positive for? Did you have a thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer? I am not familiar with previous postings or history.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
(female)

klutz HB User
Re: Lab question

Thanks

I wasn't sure about the T3 if that would contribute if high T3 would be more hyper.

I had the left lobe removed, then they right lobe after positive for papillary cancer. Following that my TG levels were rising and scans showed lymph nodes were affected so 3rd surgery was a central neck dissection. After that I did radioactive iodine, 2 months later I had more affect lymph nodes and tumors that were positive for papillary again. Those were removed in the 4th surgery, and another round of RAI. Clear scan and now 3 months later I have tumor that tested positive again for Papillary on my vocal cord nerve that they are going to go remove. Endo says that I have a variant of tall cell papillary cancer that is radiation resistant and surgical removal is the only option. He took my case to a recent Thyca round table and that was the agreement of other doctors as well. Guess this isn't as easy as everyone says.

Reply Reply