It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

post menopausal bleed

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2015, 05:56 AM   #1
Wordweaver1
(female)

Wordweaver1 HB User
Angry post menopausal bleed

Hi everyone
Glad I found these boards. It helps to know there are others out there who know the feelings of fear, dread etc... I have yet to have a diagnosis but from my research, I think it's clear something is amiss! haven't had a period in 6 years and back in Jan had some spotting, very minimal. I ignored it- shame on me. Anyway, last Monday it started again, called the gyno and was in on Tues to see him. Pap smear, Transvaginal ultrasound and D/C scheduled.(June) Do not have results back yet. Nothing like sitting on pins and needles!! So, what started off as spotting, has now turned into bleeding, cramping and clots for the last 6 six days! What symptoms did everyone else experience- just curious??

Last edited by Wordweaver1; 05-09-2015 at 05:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2015, 05:50 AM   #2
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: post menopausal bleed

I am sorry you are dealing with this! I know from experience of my own gynecologic problem that the mind tends to go to worst case scenario. But there is a whole continuum from something benign (such as fibroids, polyps, or sporadic ovarian activity) to abnormal cells (hyperplasia that is often treatable with meds) to endometrial cancer.

I have been surprised to hear how many women have experienced post-menopausal bleeding. For most, it was nothing serious. Of course, any post-menopausal bleeding does need to be investigated. I hope yours is nothing serious and easily treatable if treatment is necessary.

Please let us know what you find out. In the meantime, try to stay calm.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Karidee
(female)

Karidee HB User
Smile Re: post menopausal bleed

I too had been menopausal for about 6 years when I started spotting last December. But, because of a lot of things going on in my life, even though I was spotting every month, I did not get in to see GYN until April. Had exam, then went back for transvaginal ultrasound, Then because my uterus seemed "thick", had to have a hysteroscopy. They took some biopsies. Two weeks later got a call to come back in. The biopsy showed "pre cancerous" cells. Well, my GYN had already referred me to a Gynecological oncologist for the surgery. She said he was the best around and did robotic surgery which results in less recovery time. Saw the surgeon 2 days later and had my total hysterectomy the following week. They also removed tissue from around the uterus and ovaries t be certain there was no spread. Pathology came back and there was actual cancer cells in my uterine wall. But, NO cancer out side. So, I dodged a major bullet and did not have to have further treatment with chemo or radiation. I hope everything has turned out alright for you.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:29 AM   #4
ple890
(female)

ple890 HB User
Re: post menopausal bleed

I'm 2 years post-meno and had bleeding. Had pelvic scan and trans vaginal ultrasound and dx was fibroids.

I think it's prudent to have all post-meno bleeding investigated even though it's often something much less sinister than cancer.

Last edited by ple890; 06-02-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Closed Thread