It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

Hysteroscopy Tuesday

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
dizziedame
(female)

dizziedame HB User
Hysteroscopy Tuesday

I'm due for a hysteroscopy on Tuesday May 16th, I'm not so much nervous about that as I am for what they will find. Unlike alot of women, I didn't go to the doctor with spotting or bleeding, I went to my doctor with mild cramps and bladder pressure and was sent for an ultra sound. My uterine lining was 11 mm, I was sent to a gynocologist for a biopsy with pipelle, and it came back "disordered proliferative endometrium". I've yet to read about anyone on any site so far that knows about this diagnoses or has had it. Now this second biopsy has been ordered, I suppose for more in depth checking. I've been stunned since hearing about this second biopsy, and so anxious and afraid. I'm happy that they are being so thorough, and I know it's a good thing but my nerves are raw from worry. Google is not our friend, and yet I've been obsessed with reading everything and anything, as if it will tell me something, it's ridiculous, but the not knowing is like torcher. Anyway, I was hoping that someone would have the same experience, or offer me some words of support. I'm 58 and three years menopausal. Anyone with experience with having a "hysteroscopy" I'd love to here about as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2017, 05:31 AM   #2
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Hysteroscopy Tuesday

I can't speak from personal experience. However, it may be some consolation that I've read quite a few women's posts over the years who've had a "thicker than normal" endometrium and/or bleeding after menopause and almost every case has ended up being nothing serious. Since the ovaries produce hormones a woman's whole life, there's a chance of the lining thickening which may also cause post-menopausal bleeding. This tends to happen in the early years after menopause. Another possibility is if you have fibroids, they can make the lining / endometrium appear thicker than it is because they can't always differentiate fibroids from the lining itself. And sometimes the fibroids can cause bleeding.

When did you have the cramping? Maybe your body is preparing for a bleed which may take care of all this. Sometimes they'll Rx progesterone to force a bleed to shed the lining. That's also the typical next step if the biopsy would show hyperplasia.

I hope the hysteroscopy goes well and it's nothing serious. Please post back with the results.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:53 AM   #3
dizziedame
(female)

dizziedame HB User
Re: Hysteroscopy Tuesday

Well the Hysteroscopy was done on Tuesday, everything went well. When I woke up I was told that the uterine lining that looked thick on an ultrasound ( actually 15 mm. not 11mm), was perfect and thin on the inside, I'm not entirely sure how that happened but I was half relieved and half upset because I had spent two months or more living in my anxiety hell, and then two biopsies later, I'm okay. The doctor took samples anyway, but is not concerned after looking all around inside. So, good news and now I'm recovering. The cramping is mild and tolerable but I'm very tired after having the anesthetic, still tolerable. I'm grateful that the medical community here in Canada are proactive and responsible, but sometimes I think it causes so much anxiety in women to go through all of this. I think the anxiety of waiting for results and wondering if it's your last days on earth, are far more debilitating then what you might actually have. Still, I'm grateful. I just wanted to come back and write this so that anyone else coming in, might find some comfort in the fact that really a uterine cancer is very rare, sure it can happen, but even with bleeding there is still a benign reason for the most part. I hope more women will post back to say they are "okay" so that others who come in for answers or comfort, or hope, have something to hang on to. I had no bleeding at all when I went in initially, I'm three years menopausal and 58, so I guess if they see what they think is a thickness, it's always best to check.

Reply Reply