It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 08:22 AM   #1
(female)

Perfume77 HB User
Uterine Cancer Symptoms? What are they? Age 39 here.

Hi Everyone:

I'm new to this site, new to posting. I just posted in the women's health issues area. (see below)

I'm 39, and am having the longest period ever. Been going on 5 weeks now and counting. Heavy, with clots, no cramping, no pain anywhere. What are symptoms of uterine cancer? I've read a lot on the net, but most health sites just state the same info. I'd like to hear some real life symptoms, etc. I need to go see a doc (dreading this) but, I know I need to anyway. I have two children, age 18, and age 13. I'm not on birth control, so it cant be any reaction from that. I'm not sexually active (divorced 10 years, and havent dated in 5 years) Here is my post from the other forum:
New to posting on this site, but here goes:

I just turned 39 in January. My periods have never been "normal," and for the past few years, I'd go without a period for 5-6-7 weeks, then have one, then go without, etc. Just abnormal like that. Then, I noticed on and off last year, I'd spot a bit, didnt think much of it. Now, I have been bleeding for about 5 weeks, non-stop. At times super heavy (no cramping though) and have tons of clots, and I never had lots of clots really. This time, there are lots of them, and some are large, and the bleeding just doesnt stop. 5 weeks and counting. I've been reading on the net, and have read everything from uterine cancer, to fibroids, to too much estrogen causing stuff like this. I am overweight, and I also read that could cause this (fat has estrogens in it, etc) and the more estrogen you have, the longer the periods, etc. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with something like this, and it turns out it was uterine cancer? I dont have any pain anywhere, no cramping...just prolonged heavy bleeding with clots. Guess I am more scared than anything about cancer. I know I need to go see a doc, but I dont have insurance, so I just worry about things, and if it was cancer...omg, no clue what I'd do. What happens to people with no insurance anyway.

thanks inadvance for any stories, or sharing experiences, etc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
Re: Uterine Cancer Symptoms? What are they? Age 39 here.

What you are describing happened to me when I was 48 years old and I was experiencing a decline in estrogen levels. I also had a small fibroid tumor at the front of the uterus. Sometimes when we are over weight the sudden loss of estrogen from different reasons, will put the body into a abnormal balance. My loss of estrogen was from rapid weightloss, but there are other reasons. You may need to see a Dr. for a D&C to stop the flow. If not you will become very weak and begin to have all kinds of unpleasant symptoms associated with blood loss. Cancer is always at the back of one's mind when there is this much abnormal bleeding going on. It is a time to go for an appointment or go to the Emergency room for help. Do not wait long. There are extreme possible health problems that are not Cancer that can kill you.

Old 05-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
(female)

Penny13 HB User
Re: Uterine Cancer Symptoms? What are they? Age 39 here.

I used to have periods -- some that would last for 3 months at a time -- when I was in my 20's. Finally, nonchalant me would get around to going to a doctor to put a stop to it, the doctors would freak out, and they never found anything wrong. It was stress. As a therapist once told me, "You had so much pressure, you literally sprung a leak."
So, no, bleeding doesn't always mean cancer.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
(female)

Carlac23 HB User
Unhappy Re: Uterine Cancer Symptoms? What are they? Age 23 here.

I am 23 and am going for my DC next week. The doc said there is a thickening of the lining. Now I canít help but wonder... if read all the threads on this site regarding this issue. And every person with this problem is over 30. Should I be worried??? I have had problems with my ovaries and such since I was 13. I have had 2 c-sections and cannot help but wonder if this has something to do with it. After my first C-section I had "active cancer sells" thatís what the do said. I went to surgery, much like a DC and the killed the cells, so they say. Now after 2 years and after my second c-section and sterilisation I start bleeding heavily, suffer from hair loss and severe abdominal pain including other symptoms. I go to the gyn and now I'm going for a DC. PLS give me some advice? I am having sleepless nights over this.

Last edited by Carlac23; 06-25-2006 at 12:22 PM.

Closed Thread