It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 08:13 AM   #1
(female)

funwithepi HB User
Exclamation Not having the best week, need some help

I had first posted my symptoms and questions on Women's Health Board. Now, due to my ob appointment and tests in the future...I guess I belong here. For 6 months, I have been having symptoms. I should say, I noticed my first symptom then. Month by month, I have added symptoms and didn't even put everything together. My appointment was on Tuesday, Nov. 7th and my doctor found out that I had an enlarged uterus and she thougt she felt a mass, too. My periods started to become off, early, then late. I have troubles peeing or peeing too often. It pinches when I sit down wrong. I have cramps if I sit down wrong. I have severe constipation. I have pelvic pain and pressure, bloating, gas and feel like my hips and back are spreading apart. I look pregnant. My ultrasound came out normal. Today, I am having a CT and Saturday I am going in for blood work including hormone checks. I'm in a lot of pain and I'm scared which doesn't help the matter. I know she felt something and she told me so. But, somehow, I still am scared that they won't find anything today and consider it is all in my head. I feel stupid wishing they find something. I have been looking on various websites and hubby is ****** that I am 'self diagnosing'. I guess I think of it as knowledge and hoping I don't fit the criteria for anything . I haven't. I am wondering if anyone has gone through similar circumstances and can share anything with me. Just need a friend to talk me through this. I am only 34 yrs old. I have 2 girls and because of epilepsy meds I can't have anymore kids, which is fine considering my 2 are exhausting creatures. LOL I just as soon give up my uterus even if they don't find anything just to make this go away. Anyway, thanks for reading. I really hope many of you will respond. I need all the hope I can get.

Last edited by funwithepi; 11-09-2006 at 08:15 AM. Reason: i wanted to add an icon in hopes I have more responses

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
(female)

westllen HB User
Re: Not having the best week, need some help

You have your hands full What were the results on Saturday??

I had many of the same symptoms as you are describing, but I don't have MS/ Have you checked to see if the symptoms are related to your MS meds???

Old 11-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #3
(female)

funwithepi HB User

Thank you for replying. I thought no one would answer. I reread my message and I didn't say I had ms. I have epilepsy and are on a lot of meds. I had my ultrasound which was normal. Then Thursday,I had my ct scan which was miserable. They blew two veins when trying to put in the iv contrast. They said they didn't see a large mass, but they didn't say anything else. As for my blood results...I don't know yet. I had them drawn on Saturday. No news from my doctor yet. I forgot to tell my doctor that I have discharge like I am ovulating all through the month. Very thin and watery. I wish I knew what I was up against. Any thoughts from anyone? I would really appreciate any answers even if it was just to say...yes, ct scans suck! Thanks.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #4
(female)

westllen HB User

Ooopps, sorry about writing MS.

Well they didn't see any masses on your ct-scan, that's a good thing. When do you get the results from the blood work??

Old 11-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #5
(female)

funwithepi HB User

I don't know when I will get my results. In the past, if everything has been okay, I know by the next day. My doctor told me that she was doing these tests to rule out obvious things...cysts, fibroids, etc. She aluded that the problem could be my uterus and that it does not always show up on the visual tests. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what happened with your similas situation? I'm tired of the way I am feeling that I have thought about digging it out myself with a spork. Looking pregnant and knowing that you aren't is very weird. I haven't always been a toothpick, more of a Drew Barrymore size. But, still. Even though I have been losing weight since all of this started, I thought I'd at least be able to zip and button my size 12s! And, the pain all of the time is growing a little tiresome. LOL It is very, very uncomfortalbe to stand up straight, and just as uncomfortable to be totally fetal position. That happy medium is hard to find. I've had to turn down my sleep number bed to a 10 just to get comfort for my pelvis and hips to feel some relief. I'd binge on lots of cookies or cake to make myself feel better if I only had the room in my stomach and didn't mind eating Gas-X for the rest of the night! I don't think that I have mentioned that I'm 34. A little to young to be shuffling around like I'm 99. Thanks for replying!

Old 11-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #6
(female)

westllen HB User

Have you heard from the Doctor yet??????

I understand all too well

There are so many things that can go awry, give the Dr a call and see if the results are back.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:42 AM   #7
(female)

funwithepi HB User

Good gracious sweetie. It sounds like you have more ickies going on than I do. I'm so sorry. I hope that you and your doctor can choose a treatment that can help you. I'm actually going to another doctor for a second opinion tomorrow morning. Last week, on the last day of my period, I had such god awful cramps that I went to the emergency room. I had another ultrasound, blood work, pelvic, and another pap smear. I had just had all of that done maybe four week ago at most. They didn't find any fibroids or anything like that. I have the record of the er visit so I can take it with me. I know that something is wrong even if they can't see anything yet. I don't believe that constipation is the cause of everything. Before I went to the er, the cramps and pain came on suddenly and it radiated down through my legs...they were like jello. I thought I had a cyst burst, but they didn't find anything like that. I have never had that jello leg that bad before. How were they finally able to detect your mother's cancer? I want answers so bad. I want to be able to deal with it and be done. That is how I was after I was told that I needed to consider a 'just to be safe' double mastectomy. I knew what I was dealing with, and I felt so much better. I do agree that constipation is not the best thing, however, mine is so weird. I don't have had stools, mine are the soft snakes the doctors want you to have. It just takes something, I don't know what, to move and then I can go. I just have a lot of questions for my new doctor. I hope that I made a good choice in choosing her, but my options were limited. It would be helpful to me if you could give me some more info about how your mom felt before and how they found her cancer. Maybe she had a test done that I could ask for. Thanks for your reply. It is always comforting to know that someone hears you even if they don't have an answer. I appreciate your time.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #8
(female)

WannaBpainFree HB User

ohhh no she didnt have cancer , she went in for a hysterectomy because she had endometreus which is real heavy bleeding , but when they took her uterus out they found a fibroid tumor behind it , so they thought maybe that was also causing her pains and bleeding too after they done it. . but she was in her mid 30's when she got that done so i have no clue , and ive asked her becuse i have a fibroid tumors too. but tech. now adays is much much better than back then lol she is now in her mid to late 60's . but i do go jan 16th to get my hysterectomy done . to finally be pain FREEEEEEE! in a way im excited , but also scared because its a major surg. but im sure ill come out feeling much better . did they do cancer checks on ya ? blood work , d &c on ya? check for ovarian cancer, have them check for uterine cancer and cervical cancer , im sure if u had the cervical that it would come back on the pap test. please tell me all your symptoms that you are having . so i can give you some advice as to what might be going on . ive done alot of reading in the last 4 months and i have ben having these pains for the last 7 months , but new ones arrive each month that passes. and im only 30 yrs old . and feel like im 80 y/o . hope to hear back for ya ........ btw my name is nikki . P.S. if you care to chat on yahoo my s/n is LILNIKKI_XO27XO .

Old 12-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #9
(female)

funwithepi HB User

Hi Nikki. Thanks for writing back. I'm glad you are having the hysterectomy and you can get your life back. I know you are nervous about the pain. It will be no picnic, but you will get through it. I have had a double hysterectomy for 'safety', a lot of breast cancer in the family. It was not the best fun, but I got through it with help from the valium fairy. I didn't have the best support system, I really didn't have any at all. I was married to a different person then, who at best, got me food. I did everything else. My parents had my oldest daughter at the time, thank goodness. Not the brightest person when I have a lot of drugs in me. I hope that you have people that can help you. You will make it through it. It is surprising what you can do when you are put in that situation. My mom is 67yrs old and she hasn't had any gyno problems. She also comes from that generation that doesn't speak of that. I have told her everything, and she is concerned. However, she would never bring up that she is having girly problems over cookies and tea without having extreme difficulty. This is going to be long. Remember, you asked for info, so here is my 'M.O.'
In the last year, my periods have become increasingly painful. Bad cramps, heavy bleeding, lots of clots and have increased my usual 28 day cycle to 31-32 days. It has gotten worse since June. Also in June, I started to have abnormal discharge...clear discharge with light spotting. When I don't have that, I have a watery discharge that feels like my water broke and I have a light trickle. In early July, my waist has gotten bigger, probably partly due to constipation which started around then also. At times, I can go 10 days without going, but everything comes out normal without hard stools. It feels like something has to shift before I can go. I have to pee alot and I can't empty all the way. I have to go several times in a row to empty...start, stop, etc. I feel like my dad who has prostrate problems. My pelvic region feels like I am pregnant. Not enough room, pushing my hips and making my back slightly ache. It also makes my inner thighs feel like I have exercised too much. I have sharp pains that make me double over and my knees shake and then I just have an uncomfortable fullness. Then I can have bad cramps like I'm having my period, but I'm not near my period time and I don't bleed.

On November 7th, I went to first gyno. I had a pap smear, which was fine. I had an us which was fine and a ct scan which was fine. I had a regular blood check along with hormone levels which came back normal. She sent me home with a script for constipation and told me that everything would be fine when I wasn't constipated anymore.
I started my period on Nov. 21st through 27th. On the 27th, I went to ER for severe abdominal pain. My knees were shaking and I couldn't stand upright. Again, pelvic okay, blood slightly off with white blood cells, us showed 2 small focal points in my endometrium that wasn't there before but they considered it normal. I had another pap which was fine, but found a lot of epithelial cells. I have no idea what any of that means. They considered it normal and sent me home with rest and Tylenol.

Tomorrow, I have another appointment with another gyno to go for some answers and a fresh opinion. Hopefully she can figure out or at least have an idea of where to look. Other than the us and ct scan, I haven't been formally tested for cancer. They said I had nothing to worry about since nothing showed up on the scans...they said everything was normal. Who knows.

By the way, my name is Anne. I'm 34yrs old, married to a great guy, and have 2 girls 2yrs and 9yrs. I want to get this figured out. I have enough on my plate dealing with my epilepsy and just want this part to go away. Oh, and I have no idea what it means to chat, nor how to figure out your text thingy on yahoo. It doesn't mean that I don't want to, I am just not technically advanced and I'm pretty okay with that. I can find what I want on the net so I'm fine with it. Looking forward to any answers you may have. Thanks

Old 12-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #10
(female)

WannaBpainFree HB User

ill give u a quick reply now but ill talk with u tmorrow . it sounds to me u might have endometrious . i would ask your doc to also do a d and c on you . well im off to bed for now . talk with you tmorrow .

Old 12-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #11
(female)

WannaBpainFree HB User

hello again . sry for the short reply lastnight . it was gettting late and i was just signing off . but anyways i would ask or even tell your doc to do a d&c or any other procedures that have to do with uterine or endometrial cancer . or have them do a mri on your back to see if u have anything hiden behind your uteris . well i cant stay on long gotta go to court . but i will help you do researh and ill send ya links on here for you to check out . wish ya the best . your friend nikki

Closed Thread