It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
(female)

kerrie29 HB User
uterine cancer ??? really worried and sick

hello everyone

i posted on another board and was told maybe i could get some insite from this one. So here goes my story. I have had female issues since my 2 child was born, after years of pain and irregular periods I found a doctor at Johns Hopkins who diagnosed my with fibromyalgia, nerve damage( like in the birth canal, caused by vaginal delivery of two children) , andyomiosis( ithink i spelt that wrong) and scar tissue that was pulling on my left ovary. so we did surgery to remove scar tissue and got meds for the fibro. all was great for about 4 mths then pain returned and this time also in my lower back and i started feeling like yuk. Back to hopkins i went, doc did a pelvic and blood work then sent me off for a sono, so here is where cancer came into the picture i went back to the docs to hear about report he said there was suspicious growth , fluid in the right adnexa and anterior and posterior cul-de-sacs, and my endometrial stipe was thick 1.14cm to be exact. so he said i have to have an endometrial biopsy, hysterscopy, and dnc because it is a possiblty that it is cancer. So here i am waiting for test to be done that i have never had and scared out of my mind. Plus on top of all of this I now have a bad uti and heartburn and naseua every time i eat.

So if any one has been through or going through anything simular i could use all the knowledge that i can get. No one around here really understands so it makes it hard. Thanks so much for listening to me ramble and for any advice given.

Kerrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
(female)

declansmom HB User
Re: uterine cancer ??? really worried and sick

Hi Kerrie,
What did you find out?
Sorry but I may not be much help. But I wanted to let you know I will say a prayer for you. I am going through something similiar and after reading your post I am scared now. I have been having a lot of issues after my only son was born. I have not had a period now for 9 months. I have been to 4 different gynos and they all tell me it is normal and to try different birth control pills. I am feeling awful with back pains and strange pelvic painsand some periodic black discharge. I have had blood work and an ultra sound done, but the dr said everything was normal. But after reading my report myself, I read where i had some fluid in my cul de sac and some thickening of my walls. I had an MRI done about one year ago for another issue and they reported abnormal thickening and fluid in my cul de sac back then too. But I can't get any Dr's to listen to me. I am very frustrated and not sure how proactive i should be in demanding more tests. I don't want to be a hypocondriac, but I don't want to ignore a major issue either.

I hope you are doing well.
Let us know how you are doing.
Lisa

Old 03-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Nightengale212 HB User

Hi Lisa,

Let me start by saying I am going into my 4th year as an endometrial/uterine cancer survivor Yes indeed, this is a cancer that you must be proactive with. When I hit my early 40s I began to have irregular periods. Following the sudden death of my husband in 2001 my periods became increasingly irregular which I chalked up to stress and grief. In late 2002 my periods just stopped, and I what would be considered mid cycle I would get a little crampy, think I was going to get my period, no blood but began to notice a virtually microscopic light pink tinged discharge. This went on for a few months which prompted me to make an appt with the doctor. My initial exam went fine, and after the physical part was over, I was still concerned as my mother was a uterine cancer survivor. My doctor tried to calm me down, but upon my insistance he directed back to the exam room where is was going to perform an endometrial biopsy " to put my mind at ease". A week later I was informed my biopsy detected endometrial cancer. I was very lucky that my cancer was found at an early stage, and the only treatment I required was a total hysterectomy and regular followup by a gynecology oncologist. If you think something more serious is going on please do see a doctor who will do the necessary testing. Non invasive tests are only part of the diagnostic process, but to fully determine if a cancer is present a biopsy needs to be done to truly rule in or out this disease.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
(female)

declansmom HB User

Nightengale212,
Thank you so much for your reply. I too have had the pinkish discharge that my last two Dr keep telling me is normal and my periods will come back soon. After reading your post, I just found another Dr and have an appt tomorrow. I will demand for more tests and to find out or at least ' put my mind at ease'. I am very glad you are doing better and you caught yours in time.
Lisa

Old 03-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
(female)

declansmom HB User

Nightengale212,
I just had an appt with yet a third gynocologist. She said not to worry it was pretty normal to stop periods suddenly and i was way too young for cancer. She said I only had a 3 mm lining in my uterus and that was not enough to signal cancer. I am 28.

She said it was stress and my estrogen was probably too low. So she changed my BC pills yet again. She said she was going to wait until after i have a sphincteroplasty surgery in May 21.

Did you have a thick uterine lining? Did you hear the same thing?
Lisa

Last edited by declansmom; 03-16-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
(female)

avalon1946 HB User

no one is to young to have ca. i had a cousin who was 16 and had it. i would get a second opinion. you probably are ok, but to be sure and ease your mind, see another person.

Closed Thread