It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
(female)

Suzy413 HB User
Stage IV Uterine Cancer...Mom diagnosed

Hi...My mom, who is 74 was diagnosed with Stage IV endometrial cancer less than a week ago. The cancer has spread to more than 90% of her liver, and is also present in her lungs. Her uterus is also completely taken over by the cancer. I've been her caretaker since all of this began, and I'm extremely realistic about her prognosis. While the doctors haven't given us details yet, it's obvious that Mom is suffering a great deal. She sleeps most of the time and we practically have to force her to eat. She's very weak and hasn't even begun chemo yet. Has anyone experienced something similar? In other words, is survival possible when the cancer has spread so far and has also made her so sick? I've heard horror stories about chemo, but to get this information less than a week ago, and see her deteriorate so rapidly makes me believe that her time is very limited. By the way, she has a good attitude and has started taking Zoloft for depression. Her pain increases each day and she's been given a Fentanyl patch to help her cope with the pain. Please share your stories (even if the end result isn't good). Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
(female)

BlueDiamond HB User
Re: Stage IV Uterine Cancer...Mom diagnosed

Hi:

I'm truly sorry to hear about your Mom. My Mom "had" Stage 3C Grade 3 uterine cancer. Her's traveled into some of her lymph nodes, that's why she was staged at 3C. Her last chemotherapy was June 5th. They have declared her in remission at this time. (Age 70). She has some side effects from the chemo. Severe neuropathy in her legs. Numb from knees down. Also has ankle swelling.

Back to your Mom. Sorry to hear that it has gone into her lungs and liver. I hope that the chemo can keep it from spreading any further. That definitely is possible. I wish both of you the best of luck in the world. It is so hard watching a mother go through this. We want to do everything in the world we can for them, but some things are just not in our control. I wish it was. I wish I could help with some advice, but our situation was alittle bit different from yours. Wishing all the best for you, your Mom, and your family.

Take care,
Blue Diamond

I

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
(female)

Suzy413 HB User

Thanks so much, Blue Diamond. You're right - watching her suffer is so very hard, and seeing her condition deteriorate so quickly is equally difficult. We continue our journey everyday and hope that there's some relief in her path. I'll keep you posted.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #4
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User

Im sorry to hear about your mom. Im sure it is terrible to have to watch her go through this.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
(female)

Suzy413 HB User

Hi...just an update on my mom. She lost her very short battle with this deadly disease early yesterday morning - just weeks after being diagnosed. Very difficult to watch such a vibrant, healthy, attractive, youthful and active woman be ravaged so quickly. If anyone should ever have any questions about the signs and symptoms of upcoming death as a result of uterine cancer, please feel free to post a message and I'll be more than happy to give you whatever information I have available through my own personal experience of watching my mom's very quick death. Very sad...I wish you all the best.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
(female)

bengalcatsforu HB User

Hi, I would look into the cancer centers of america and doing some things to build mom up, like vitamin drips by a Doc who specializes in that while someone is undergoing treatment for cancer. Also making the body alkaline helps, Aloe Vera, Noni Juice is very healing, these are many things that "could" help and certainly can't hurt.

Closed Thread