It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

Agatina HB User
endometrial biopsy for 7mm thickness with no PMB

endometrial biopsy for 7mm thickness with no PMB and no detectable fluids in 16 year postmenopausal woman age 57

is it necessary?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
(female)

Judiannmel HB User
Re: endometrial biopsy for 7mm thickness with no PMB

I believe the normal lining for a woman you describe should be 5mm or less. So yes, your doctor would want a endometrial biopsy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

whymehelp HB User

Hi - Agatina

Pls help - my mum is 53 and she just had scan which says 7mm thickness with no bleeding symptons. we waiting to do biopsy. I am really worried I feel sick.

I saw your message and wanted to know if you was alright - pls reply.

Thank you.

Last edited by whymehelp; 12-01-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
(female)

whymehelp HB User

testing

Old 12-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #5
(female)

vallegrrl HB User

I had a 7mm endometrial lining, gyn did biopsy, result was complex hyperplasia. Started to treat it with progesterone, then I was diagnosed with breast cancer, had to stop progesterone. Had cancer surgery October 30, then hysterectomy +ovaries November 15. Went back to work part time last week, November 30, hysterectomy left me tired but no pain, able to drive and walk. Start breast radiation in a couple of weeks. Gyn told me anything over 5mm in a postmenopausal woman needs further investigation.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
(female)

whymehelp HB User

Hi Vallegrrl -

I hope you dont mind me asking directly - I'm just really worried about my mother.

Did you have any symptons? My mother stopped having periods about 7 years ago.

Hope you reply - thanks.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
(female)

vallegrrl HB User

I had some bleeding from a cervical polyp that my family dr found during routine physical, sent me to gyn who removed it. Bleeding stopped as soon as the polyp was removed, never returned. The gyn also did a biopsy because she said it was standard whenever there is postmenopausal bleeding. Next visit did an unltrasound and found thickened lining, began to treat. Then routine mammogram found breast cancer, had to quit treating lining with progesterone and have hysterectomy. The bleeding never did return after the polyp was removed, so I don't think I would have known there was a uterine problem if not for the polyp. The endometrial biopsy was not painful. I returned to my part time job two weeks after the hysterectomy, am a little tired but otherwise doing fine.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
(female)

whymehelp HB User

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I'm really worried about my mother. There is just so much info on the net I just dont know what to think. She has fibroids but the Gyn was more concerned with the lining of the womb but she has no bleeding or obvious pain.

She is not having her biopsy until Jan - a bit of a wait. I read that you can get symptons such as constipation, tiredness, pains and aches and they can be advance cancer.

Just worried - I love my mother.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Hi

I just had an endo biopsy for thicken lining without bleeding. I also had any hystroscope and d/c done.

My results were a large uterine polyp and normal endo lining.

It seems that the common thread to possibly having a pre-cancerous or unterine cancer is if you are experiencing any unusual bleeding. From what I have read the common rule of thumb with a thickened endo lining is to always assume Uterine CA until proven otherwise.

So I hope your mother is fine

Brenda

Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #10
(female)

EJ78 HB User

I have polycystic ovaries and dysfunctional uterine bleeding, I had a hysteroscopy and polypectopy in december. Got results today saying I have overactive endometrial lining and am now at high risk of cancer. Was given PROVERA tablets to take for 3mnths before having another hysteroscopy. Has anyone else had these tablets?

Old 01-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #11
(female)

mandyclar HB User

I am 30 and when I was 24 in 2002 my u/s showed endometrial depth 7mm. I was told this is normal. I just had a u/s on 21st of jan 2008 which showed a 3cm mass. They are making me have another one today 28th.

Is it only when your menoposol(sic) that that thickness requires a biopsy?
Also anyone have a mass found?????Please reply to mandyclar if you have.
Good Luck all.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

I am in my 40s, not in menopause yet (though I may be in peri) and just had an endometrial biopsy because of the thickness. I am not sure of the mm. Mine was benign and my doctor told me that less than 10% of women with thickness of the uterus have anything cancerous.

Nancy

Closed Thread