It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

MoLu HB User
Complex Hyperplasia with atypia

I had my pre-cancer talk with my dr yesterday. My biopsy showed this pre-cancerous stage and I will have to have a hysterectomy. Can't tell you how glad I am that I called the dr's to question my heavy primenopausal bleeding. It just might have saved my life. She said she really doesn't get many biopsies at this stage and was surprised to get it. My dr will be able to do the operation so I don't have to go to another. I'm very happy with her and feel very confident about the surgery. She said the chance of a concurrent cancer is about 20%. They actually will take a frozen section during the operation to check for cancer so they will know if they need to take the lymph nodes. Also will have another dr on hand for this specialized surgery in case it is found in the nodes. So glad we are catching this early.

One question I didn't think to ask is it possible to do a less invasive surgery than an open abdominal hysterectomy that she will be doing? I have read that with cancerous situations they prefer only open procedures. Medicine is changing so fast though so I'm not sure if it is possible. Wasn't offered to me but it's possible she doesn't do them. Has anyone had any experience with another procedure such as a laproscopy or robotic?

Also any advice regarding my upcoming hysterectomy?
Thanks for any help.
Molu

Old 11-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
(female)

Judiannmel HB User
Re: Complex Hyperplasia with atypia

MoLu thank you for updating us. After my endo biopsy I was all prepared to have a hysterectomy too. You have to be SO happy that you went in to your doctor and caught the cells early while in this stage. Great you can have your own doctor do the surgery. That has to make you feel very comfortable.

I was reading up on hysterectomy and there is another way of doing . But I think the abdominal hysterectomy gives them a better view. Also it matters what your doctor is trained in doing and what she feels is best for you. I would call and ask just to make sure.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
Judy

Last edited by moderator2; 11-02-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

MoLu HB User

Hi all-
Thought I'd give you an update on my hysterectomy. NO CANCER!!! So happy to come to and be given this news. Also very glad I had the surgery before I was dx'd with uterine cancer. They did find extensive atypical cells in the uterine wall so it was probably just a matter of time. Again so glad we caught it early. Also found a large fibroid and polyp so all kinds of things going on in there. Had a vertical incision due to the chance of cancer and possible lymph node removal. It has been more painful than I expected. I don't take narcotics well - get sick so I'm trying to recup with Ibprofen only and I just couldn't do it. Am now taking darvocet as needed but trying to limit it. Only 4 days out so still early in the recovery process. Anyway glad it's over but if anyone would like to ask any questions just let me know. I've got lots of time on my hands right now!
Molu

Old 12-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
(female)

Judiannmel HB User

A big Hug to you MoLu!!

So happy that there was no Cancer. What a relief. And probably just in time like you said.

I'm very happy for you and best wishes on your recovery.

Judi

Closed Thread