It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
(female)

RightFootMary HB User
Dx Endometrial Hyperplasia 5 years ago

Hi - I'm new to this board. I'm 59 and was diagnosed with Simple Hyperplasia 5 years ago. Was on medication for a year - stopped meds and progressed to complex hyperplasia but both times no atypia. I was strongly against having a hysterectomy since there were no atypical cells. I had 2 D & Cs one in Feb of 2oo4 and one in March 2005. I had my last period in Sept 2005, since then no bleeding. I guess my question is has anyone had hyperplasia w/o atypical cells and then developed cancer years later? I just want to know what my odds are. My reason for not wanting a hysterectomy ASAP was because I was not in menopause and didn't know how my body would react. Actually I'm pretty lucky and only have a little night sweats and hotflashes when sleeping.

Thanks for any input.

Mary in NY

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
(female)

sunny1016 HB User
Re: Dx Endometrial Hyperplasia 5 years ago

Hi Mary! I am bumping this in case anyone has an answer, as I would also like to know. That is what I have right now (the simple, no atypia, hyperplasia) But will it keep progressing??? And I also was wondering how long on the pill. You said you were on meds a year ? When was the last time they checked you? Or will they not if you are not having any problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
(female)

RightFootMary HB User
Re: Dx Endometrial Hyperplasia 5 years ago

Hi Sunny - thanks for reading my post. I guess since I am considered post menopausal now (2 1/2 years since I have had any bleeding) I don't think other tests will be done unless I have a problem. I was on Megace every day straight for 6 months. I think my doctor should have cycled me three weeks on - one week off. I had very irratic bleeding and finally got to the point where I was spotting every day for 3 months straight. Then she said I had vaginal atrophy and stopped the meds. 3 months later I progressed to complex hyperplasia but still with no atypical cells. I'm thinking of asking my gyn when I go again - not the gyn who put me on the meds, (next Feb) if I should have another ultrasound to be sure because it will be 6 years since the initial dx. What meds are you on? How long since you were first diagnosed? Hope all is going well for you.

Mary

Closed Thread