It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
(female)

libri HB User
Thickened endometrial lining

ls it possible to have a thickened endometrial lining with no cancer. I am so frightened. I went to my doctor and he did a d an c. My lining showed thickening from a sonogram. The doctor is being cautious because my mother had a total hysterectomy two years ago at the age of 78. I am 57 years of age. I have no bleeding at all. When the doctor saw me the d and c showed no evidence of a mass or any lesions. What do you think . Can the thickened lining be OK? Please let me know your feelings on my question. Thank you so much Joann

Old 07-22-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
(female)

lynn1961 HB User
Re: Thickened endometrial lining

Hi Libri,

I wish I knew the answer to your question as well. I have been bleeding for over a month which lead me to a gyn. doctor. Upon a pelvic exam, she told me my endometrial lining was thickened. So, she did a biopsy right then. I am scheduled to have blood work and an pelvic ultrasound at the end of the week. I also have a cyst on my left ovary. In the meantime while waiting for test results, she put me on a hormone pill 3 times a day for 30 days. I am a bit nervous as well. She did tell me it could be hormonal changes. I am hoping it is exactly that. I had a d&c years ago for excessive bleeding and it cleared it up and had no problems after that. I hope all will be ok with you. Let me know how things turn out for you!

God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
(female)

sunny1016 HB User
Re: Thickened endometrial lining

I was dx'd with this as well. My Dr has put me on the pill for a year and said I should be fine. I will say though that while waiting to go on it I had a bleeding episode that was horrid! But I have been fine since the pill.

Closed Thread