It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
(female)

wendy65 HB User
Endometrial Hyperplasia

Hi
I have recently been for an ultrasound scan and was told the lining of the womb was 24mm thick. I was then called in by me GP and told i was being referred to the hospital. She said she was a little concerned at the thickness and that there is a very small risk of cancer. I'm 43 and still have periods they are irregular and very heavy with clots. I'm a bit nervous of what is going to happen next can anyone tell me if they have been through anything similar and what the outcome was.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
(female)

Lubie HB User
Re: Endometrial Hyperplasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy65 View Post
Hi
I have recently been for an ultrasound scan and was told the lining of the womb was 24mm thick. I was then called in by me GP and told i was being referred to the hospital. She said she was a little concerned at the thickness and that there is a very small risk of cancer. I'm 43 and still have periods they are irregular and very heavy with clots. I'm a bit nervous of what is going to happen next can anyone tell me if they have been through anything similar and what the outcome was.
please got out and buy the book / What your Doctor may not tell you about premenopause, by John R. Lee M.D. there is a product called DIM-PLUS that works miracles.. google it . I would start using natural Progestrone cream ..but first read the book on natural progestrone in the book . google Dr. John R. Lee you will find very infomative infomation on his web site !! good luck =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
(female)

alphabetsoup HB User
Re: Endometrial Hyperplasia

I had a thickened lining after having no period for 6 months then bleeding for a month straight. My gyno did a transvaginal ultrasound, noted the thickness and then sent me for a D&C and hysteroscopy. The cells were analyzed and came back endometrial hyperplasia (which means overgrowth) with atypical cells. It is those atypical cells that they are probably wanting to check for at the hospital.

I had mine done in Australia and was put completely out both times - under 15 minutes tho both times.

After the first one I was put on high dose progesterone daily for 3 months then had another D&C. The cells were normal. I stayed on the high dose progesterone for nearly 2 years before I told the gyno I wanted off of it. She pushed me toward a hysterectomy but I got a second opinion from an oncologist (I was only 31 at the time). He put in a mirena IUD....I haven't had any problems since - but no real period either. So I'm heading off soon to have it all checked.

Basically, hyperplasia is an overgrowth of cells. The more cells grow, the higher the chance that they will 'change' and become cancer - which is the worry with endometrial hyperplasia. Hyperplasia atypia can be successfully combatted in most women through use of high doses of progesterone or Megace - since many woman who have this problem suffer from too little progesterone and too much estrogen (ie. no balance).

Good luck

Closed Thread