It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
(female)

milimoki HB User
New info Cancer spread Please Help I Beg

I am writing a new thread because I have much more and new information about my Mother's condition which I am so scared all I do is shake and cry and just stare at the wall. It all started out with Mom thinking she had another flare up of IBS, so she went to have a colonoscopy and cat scan. All was perfect and clean. So we jumped for joy. TWO AND I MEAN "TWO" months later she had a little bloodspotting. We went to the gyno and she cut off a cervical polyp that was cancer. We met with the oncologist who lucky us is also a gyno and surgeon. Three doctors in one and she is considered one of the best. She went in and had a full hysterectomy. Once inside the Dr. saw that there was cancer was in the cervix, the uterus, and the Omentum. The cancer was so bad in the Omentum it was causing the omentum to stick together and fold over on each other. There was also lots of tumors everywhere. She took ALL of this out, everything. Now we wait on the pathology report. She wants chemo once a week, which seems like only a little? Could that be a good thing? Maybe she will want even more when the pathology report comes back. She also said this kind of cancer is hard to treat with chemo which I dont understand? This is the same exact cancer and situation that happened to my Mother's Mother who lives. Question is if she got all the bad stuff and chemo starts in 5 weeks shouldnt it give us even a chance a medium chance at least??? Also how bad is the chemo effects? After they give it to you, do you feel better the next day? or is it deathly ill all week until the next chemo shot? Any answers would be great. I am so out of my mind I am having to take Xanax just to deal with it, and it is VERY hard not to cry and have a doomed look on my face around my Mom. She is my best friend and I love her so...
P.S. Please forgive any typo's, I am to lazy to go bak and fix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
(female)

Anita Porpoise HB User
Re: New info Cancer spread Please Help I Beg

Pathology will look at everything removed and test it for cancer cells....including lymph nodes. Afterwards, with that information they will determine the type of chemo that will be used.
Chemo is a generic word. There are many different chemicals that are used for chemo. Different cancers, different stages of the cancer are part of what determines which chemicals that they use.

My friends that have had chemo, didn't usually feel the effects that day, but the next day or two were bad. But again chemos are all different and people are all different.

It is important that you learn how to keep her eating through her treatments. It is common for some chemo patients to have nausea that prevents them from eating. Talk to doctor for a Rx to help her with nausea. Also ask for a referral to a nutritionist to get her on a healthy diet.
Also if she won't eat call her dr or nurse practioner, but don't fight with her about eating. Be creative.... Jamba juice, etc.

But you need to stay healthy too. If you work yourself up to bad, you'll be no good for anyone and will not be able to help her. Be the friend that she needs.......not what you think that she needs. The best way to be a friend, is to respect their wishes, even if you don't agree with them.

There is a saying...Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. In other words, mom is alive and they are doing procedures to keep it that way. So don't you throw your mind into focusing on her dying. She is alive and needs to be treated that way.

Get counseling if you continue to have trouble with dealing with this part of your mom's life.

Last edited by Anita Porpoise; 08-10-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User

Agree with Anita. Friend has chemo on Wed. Sleeps/unwell for two days then feels ready to face the world. Also agree...a year ago diagnosed with uterine cancer, invasive, aggressive and had moved to right lymph glands and bladder. Hyster then 6 weeks of radiotherapy. As said in previous thread.....I had no doubt that I would be well, and wanted to concentrate all my energies on that. You have to be the same as your mum does not want to worry about how you are feeling, she knows, and for me that was the worst part, knowing what I was doing to my family. I was angry with myself too as there were signs that I had ignored, having always been healthy, and that was a good incentive! Be strong for your mum and treat her as you always do, normally. Nearly forgot....a year on and I am very well and intend to stay that way, as will your mum.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:35 AM   #4
(female)

hypokelly HB User

cejay b
What were the signs that you ignored?
I have to go for a D&C and hystoscopy in 2 weeks after seeing gyno who said my utererus was very thick on utrasound,have had different abdominal problems within last 2 yrs, wondering if they are signs that I missed.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User

Dragging pains in lower abdomen, reminder of period pains basically. Nothing that a couple of Panadol didn't help so I figured I wouldn't bother my doctor. Have large land/garden area and just assumed that age was finally catching up with the body with all the lifting/carrying etc. Also had OK cervical smears and was really ignorant re uterine cancer. Never entered my head. Very slight blood, one morning only, was the red light. Hope all goes well with your tests.

Closed Thread