It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #16
(female)

lynn1961 HB User
Re: thick lining of uterus

Hiya Reba73,

Feeling ok this morning. Just a tad bit crampy. Not bad at all and not as bad as yesterday evening ughhhhh....more than anything, I just feel tired. I am sure it was from being knocked out and then the pain medication yesterday. I would love to just go soak in a hot bath but no bath. UGH Just showers at this point. When my doctor was doing all the test to see possible causes of the bleeding, she checked my thyroid right off. And my hormone levels. I do think thyroid issues can cause bleeding issues. So maybe that is what is causing your problems. I go back to see my doc in a couple weeks for a post op visit. I am sure I will learn more about the whole deal when I see her. I am really curious about the fibroids in my uterus. Ok....I need to go rest, so I will let you know later how I am feeling. Dont sweat it though..........OH, I donot work outside my home so that was not 1 of my questions to my doc. Seems I was told to just take it easy for a couple days, which is what I am going to do. I just feel so tired.....blah

LYNN

Old 11-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #17
(female)

rjn HB User

Absolutely have the procedure. You may catch something before it is too late. I had a sonogram and it showed abnormal growths in my uterus. It was biopsied and cancerous. Not that you should fear such a diagnosis, but your doctor is being proactive and that is commendable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #18
(female)

Reba73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn1961 View Post
Hiya Reba73,

Feeling ok this morning. Just a tad bit crampy. Not bad at all and not as bad as yesterday evening ughhhhh....more than anything, I just feel tired. I am sure it was from being knocked out and then the pain medication yesterday. I would love to just go soak in a hot bath but no bath. UGH Just showers at this point. When my doctor was doing all the test to see possible causes of the bleeding, she checked my thyroid right off. And my hormone levels. I do think thyroid issues can cause bleeding issues. So maybe that is what is causing your problems. I go back to see my doc in a couple weeks for a post op visit. I am sure I will learn more about the whole deal when I see her. I am really curious about the fibroids in my uterus. Ok....I need to go rest, so I will let you know later how I am feeling. Dont sweat it though..........OH, I donot work outside my home so that was not 1 of my questions to my doc. Seems I was told to just take it easy for a couple days, which is what I am going to do. I just feel so tired.....blah

LYNN

Old 11-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #19
(female)

Reba73 HB User

Hi Lynne and everyone - I had my D&C yesterday, no pain and slight bleeding so I am happy. They took pictures of my uterus and the doctor removed a polyp which he sas. Waiting for the results from the pathologist, the nurse said it could take about 3 days.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #20
(female)

lynn1961 HB User

Hiya Reba.....

So glad you finally got it over with and glad you did good. Hope the report comes back ok I am STILL bleeding after my sugery....so, my doctor is giving this a lil while longer to see if things gets straightened out. If not....I will have a hysterectomy BLAH.....I've been bleeding since oct. 16 and it just will not go away. I am hoping it will soon and no hysterectomy....So glad you typed a post and let us know how you did.......

LYNN

Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #21
(female)

knightsr HB User

I've been reading all of your messages and wondering if anyone has had any of my symptoms/experiences. I am almost 42, had my last child at 38. One year later I had the ablation to help with bleeding. My periods are very light, spotting, start and stopping, sometimes bad back pain and vaginal pain. Lately, I am experiencing terrible mood swings, heart palpatations, anxiety, migraines before and after my period, several urinary tract infections, insomnia, and sleepiness after periods. The list goes on. My hormones were checked and I am not producing any progesterone. I also had a ultrasound and my lining was a little thick with fluids. My OBGYN put me on progresterone pills for 12 days each month starting again once I start my period. She is hoping the progesterone will help reduce the lining. I started my period this morning expecting a heavier period than normal but it has stopped. More like heavy spotting here and there. So I go back on Wednesday to do another ultrasound to see if it is helping. My guess the lining will be the same. If it's the same my doctor plans to biopsy and possible hysterectomy. I'm not sure what do to. I really just want my old body back and be normal and HAPPY again. I know I'm not easy to live with having two boys 3 and 6 and a husband wondering what happened to his wife. I've had friends and family that have had a hysterectomy and they say it solved most of their problems and they are very happy they did it. Since I've already had the ablation and D&C 2 years ago I'm not sure why my lining would be growing back. Any advise or experience you could share would be nice.
Thanks for sharing!!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #22
(female)

lynn1961 HB User

Hi Knightsr......

I, too, had a thickened lining. Had a biop and all the blood work to check things out and a pelvic and vaginal ultrasound. I ended up having an ablation on oct. 16 and I am still bleeding. I am wondering if this is right? Did you bleed after the ablation? I am not talking about spotting...I am BLEEDING heavy at times. I went back for a post op visit and the doctor is going to see if this straightens out and if not.....I will have a hysterectomy. She <my doc> did inform me that 30% of women that has an ablation, it doesn't work and the women it doesn't work on, have to have a hysterectomy. Maybe the fact that you are not producing progesterone is causing all those symtoms? My hormones checked out ok. I am 47 years of age and not even close to menopause yet according to the blood work. I just wish this bleeding would stoppppp! Let us know what you find out......

LYNN

Old 11-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #23
(female)

Reba73 HB User

Hi Knightsr and Lynn - Sorry Lynn, last time I spelled your name Lynne.

Knightsr - I'm wondering if your mood swings, anxiety, migraines etc. could be due to perimenopause symptoms, I don't know much about not producing progesterone and I don't know why the lining would grow back but I guess it can. I don't blame you for wanting to be happy again and have your old body back. I didn't start having problems until I was 50, I just turned 53 and before that had no cramps, periods very regular, etc. We have 2 sons, ages 20 and 18 and after I had them my periods were the same. It's weird how our bodies can change overnight. I had my D&C 2 days ago and should have the results Monday when I go to the doctor for a post-op visit. I hope it was just the polyp that was causing my irregular bleeding.

Lynn - I sure hope your bleeding stops soon too. Are you anemic? You have been bleeding for a long time, I worry about you. Keep us updated.

Knightsr and Lynn - I wanted to tell you that both of my sister-in-laws had hysterectomies in their mid 30's and also some co-workers of mine have and they said it's the best thing they did, they feel so much better. I can't imagine anyone wanting one but I would if things didn't get any better. If my test results aren't good, I'm sure that's where I will be heading. Becky

Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #24
(female)

knightsr HB User

Reba73 - Thanks for responding.
I am definately perimenopausal. I almost think having my tubes tied and then having the ablation sent me there early then expected. I never had bleeding or inconsistent periods before. Maybe turning 40 (2 years ago) really made a difference. I can't imagine going through this for another 10 years.

I was taking 10 mg of lexapro but I hated the way it made me feel sometimes (lazy, low libido, didn't care if the kids were jumping on the couch or off their bunk beds.. ha ha). I stopped taking it about 2 weeks ago when I started the progesterone hoping it would solve my anxiety and mood swings. I think my husband is ready for me to get back on it. Since I've been taking the progesterone I can finally sleep without medication and my chin is no longer breaking out. I still have other symptoms like psoriasis that I had when I was a kid and then it came back after I had my 4 year old. It may have been after the ablation, not sure. I got back on Wednesday to have another ultrasound to see the status on my lining. Since my husband is self employed (realtor) and we have individual insurance with a huge deducible (it's been met for 2008), I asked if we could do get this stuff check out this year and not dragged it into next year spending another $5k in Jan/Feb time. I assume that my doctor will do the ultrasound and if it's not reduced then she will biopsy. From there not sure. Thanks again for responding.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:56 AM   #25
(female)

knightsr HB User

After I had the ablation I had spotting and cramping but it didn't last long. I think it's strange that you are bleeding. I understand an ablation is where they caurterize the uterus, which reduces the blood vessels. You should feel the difference quick (or at least that is what I thought) and should not be bleeding. After my ablation I had super light periods. Mine never went away. My period is a spotting game. Heavy spot, stop for a day, spot again, stop, and so on. Only a little red at first and then turns brown. Light day tampon is all I need and one box will last 2 periods. I would check with you doctor again.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:28 PM   #26
(female)

Reba73 HB User

Knightster and Lynn - I wondered how you ladies were doing. I went for my follow-up appointment from my D&C almost 2 weeks ago and no cancer was found. Lynn - I hope your bleeding stopped. Becky

Old 12-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #27
(female)

diane777 HB User

Knightsr:
I think it's true what you are saying about having your tubes tied and having more perimenopause symptoms. I was just reading about that in "The Wisdom of Menopause" by Christianne Northup, MD. There is a hormone interruption when the pathway from the ovaries to the uterus is stopped when the tubes are tied. I had never known that before. It seems strange, but that's what she says.

Last edited by diane777; 12-30-2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: needed to add something

Old 11-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #28
(female)

babah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbi48 View Post
I had a sonogram done to check my ovaries and the doctor told me that my lining in the uterus is thick and wants to do a endometrial biopsy. I do not have any symptoms such as bleeding or cramps or any other symptoms that I read which are associated with endomitriies. I am 60 years old and have not had my period for over 7 years.
I am 72 - I am waiting for a D & C right now. At my yearly exam I explained my bottom felt 'heavy' and I had pain in my back, groin and pelvic area. I had no bleeding, discharge at all - just the heavy feeling and related pains. After ultrasound (showed thick lining [30 ml] and fibroids), CT scan (normal) and a biopsy (negative) I was told I did not have Cancer. D & C is in Nov and that will go to biopsy.

Closed Thread