It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

marie penn HB User
what is d and c

what is d and c

Old 09-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: what is d and c

Dilation and curretage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
(female)

missteardrop72 HB User

d&c=dilation &curettage; First,this is a day surgery operation, as the procedure is approx. only 30 -60 min's.long. Your gynecologist will dilate your cervix & uterus so he/she can then go into your uterus and with a special instrument scrape & clean the uterus, & then vaccumn-suction out everything he/she has accumulated. You will be put to sleep for this procedure. Plus this procedure is now minimally invasive~meaning he/she makes a tiny cut in your belly button & one more small one just above the pubic hair-line for the little camera that is inserted there so the Dr.can see where the instrument he/she uses for this procedure is (the one thru your belly button) & does your d&c. You will awaken in the recovery room where the nurses will monitor your blood pressure,heart rate , as well as the blood seeping onto the maxi-pad ~ (just like menstruation) , this is done to make sure you're not hemmoraging & just bleeding normally. After a few hrs. & with no complications you will be sent home.
You will also have a pre operative app't with a nurse who'll give you instructions on how to prepare yourself before showing up @ the hospital for this & she can answer any questions you have as well.
I hope I've answered your question to the best of my ability, missteardrop72.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Marie Penn

Quick correction to missteardrop7s--for a d and c there is no cut made into the bellybutton for the camera--they insert the camera through the belly button during a laproscopic procedure. The d & c requires no cutting, only inserting the tubes through the vagina into the uterus. Procedure last about 30-45 minutes and you have some bleeding after. This bleeding begins to slow after a few days and usually stops within a weeks time. At least mine did. I had a d& c last year. Very simply procedure.

Good Luck

Closed Thread