It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

siri302 HB User
endometrial hyperplasia and progesterone

I have been diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia but with a benign biopsy. Does anyone know whether using progesterone in this case increases your risk of stroke? I am at higher risk due to 2 brain surgeries and vascular compromises.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
(female)

plant HB User
Re: endometrial hyperplasia and progesterone

Yes, my gynecological oncologist just told me last week that progesterone, particularly with prolonged use was my impression from what she said, increases risk for stroke, heart attack, blood clots and breast cancer.

What did you end up deciding to do? I see you posted awhile ago. Let us know. Hope you're doing well.

Regular exercise breaking a sweat is very important/beneficial - women who exercise regularly have half the risk for endom. cancer.

Perhaps there is another estrogen inhibitor you can take. It's important to get on top of the hyperplasia right away, to increase your chances of being able to reverse it rather than having it progress.

Best wishes.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-30-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
(female)

rosana726 HB User
Re: endometrial hyperplasia and progesterone

I was diagnosed with benign hyperplasia in Jan 2008 after a uterine biospy. My dr perscribed BCP's Femcon FE. After a couple of months the bleeding was under control and I had a repeat biospy in Dec 2008 that was normal. I am 47 now and still taking the pill.The original problems have been resolved but now I am dealing with abnormal Paps and CIN 1. It never seems to end!

Closed Thread