It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Some help, Please

I am 67 years old. I went to my g/p for a regular check up and told her when I bear down I feel something coming out of my vagina, She did a internal and had me bear down and said it was my bladder.

It is time for my blood work and I ask her about doing the c-125, she said medicare will not pay for it but said we will do an ultra sound. Went for the US on Monday and the tech asked if she could do a trans. vag. US also. I agreed. She said my uterus is enlarged but did not give me a number. She said I would either be back in a month for a recheck or will have a D and C. She did say she saw nothing that was really serious, just this hyperplasia.

My GYN moved out of the area so this means going to a new one. I like most of you did a search on the net and have myself so anxious. I read where woman with thickning have to be monitored. I do not want to watch and see nor do I want a D and C and than end up with surgery.

What options do I have here? Any advice would be appreciated. I was reading your posts and the tests some of you had I never heard of.

I am having no bleeding or problems, just getting irritated at times from this prolaspe thing.

Thank you so much for the input.

Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Last edited by pa235; 11-10-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
(female)

RightFootMary HB User
Re: Some help, Please

Hi Linda - well you certainly sound like you need a second opinion. I'm surprised the ultrasound tech told you anything - they really aren't suppose to. When did you have the ultrasound and who did the results go to? Whoever got the results should have called you and told you where to go from here.

A D&C really isn't that bad. I've had two of them. Have you had children? I've heard that the risk factors for uterine cancer are never having children, being over weight and having late menopause. The only thing I had was late menopause. My mother had a prolapsed uterus in her late 70s and she was not a candidate for a hysterectomy due to medical issues so she was able to use a pessary (you can research that on the internet). You might also want to consult a urologist if the bladder is the problem.

Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Mary in NY

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: Some help, Please

I received a copy of my u.s. but have no idea what any of this means. I am 69 years old with no symtoms of a problem.

distended bladder

Urterus measures 9.9x 3.6x 4.5 cm. the edometrium fundal portion demostrates on oval 1 cm echongic
increased focus with small interspersed hypoechoic foci demonstrating vascularity.no posterior cul de sac free fluid.

rght ovary measures 2.1 x1.9 x1.3 cm. left ovary 2 x1.7 x 1.5 cm. the ocaries are intact.

impressio: Focal 1 cm fundal porton of the endometrium hyperplasia or masss with vascularity. Biopsy recommended.

Some words maybe spelled wrong, the copy is quite faint.

I cannot find anything on the net about measurements after menapause. I see a gyn. next week but really scared.

Thanks, linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Closed Thread