It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

lucy04 HB User
Unexpected uterine cancer

If anyone has ANY thoughts on my situation please reply!! I was at an appt two days ago and my gyno told me she thought I may have uterine cancer. This is my history. I am 32 years old.I have been pregnant once in 1996 and had an abortion. I have taken BCP almost ever since my period started(age 15,16) for pregnancy prevention but mostly for predictability reasons. I go for pap smears every six months because I have abnormal pap smears due to the HPV virus. I have had a colposcopy done once in the 5 yrs I have been having abnormal paps.For the last year or two I have had to go back and have a re-pap after every appt because I was told they didn't get a good enough sample.I was told to come to the appt during a certain couple days of my period--which I have been doing.I was told this would provide a better sample. Well, honestly it seems it has been worse.I have had to go back for even more re-paps since I have been coming on those specific days. Well, at my appt on Friday my Dr told me the labs are showing endometrial cells which shouldn't even show up on a pap smear. What does this mean? She told me to schedule an appt for an ultrasound and biopsy in 3-4 weeks. If I may have cancer shouldn't I come back tomorrow?? Do these cells mean I for sure have cancer or what?? I had these cells at least 6 months ago-maybe longer-she showed me on the lab-so shouldn't I have been told then? I have what seems to be little to no symptoms for uterine cancer. I am only 32, I didn't start my period early in life, I have not had breast cancer, No family hx of ANY cancer,I have NO abnormal bleeding or heavy bleeding OR bleeding between periods-EVER!! What I may have against me is Cervical/HPV problems,I am white, I am overweight by about 20 pounds,and have only had that one limited pregnancy. Does any of this make sense?? ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!

Last edited by lucy04; 11-23-2008 at 09:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User
Re: Unexpected uterine cancer

Dear Lucy, First off, please by the grace of God, take a deep breath.

I know you are scared honey, so am I. I have had nothing but problems with my monthly periods since the beginning. First off, every period was 8-12 days long! -- every other month was an all over period.

I went to school with 3 pairs of underpants and 2 sanitary napkins. Tampons, not for me -- the clots would force the damn thing right out of my body.

I started peri-menopause around 42 and it stated with rages, hot flashes, and night sweats. Around 48 I started skipping months and felt great about that.

in 2004, November I started bleeding and bled for 19 days -- didn't give it another thought because husband was sick at the time. Got it again in January and lost track of how long I was bleeding -- husband died in April and then I realized that 'wow, I'm still bleeding?!!!" and called the doctor who proceeded to yell at me. Uterine Ultrasound later, and an attempted D&C in gyno office that didn't work, landed me out-patient D&C in May, 2005.

I had no periods since 2005! Its was glorious. Then this October, I started to experience a discharge and pain in my lower abdomen on both sides. I called doctor whose office staff told me to get a pregnancy test since I was now dating and being intimate. Pregnancy test!! you've got to be kidding, I've two kids 24 and 21! -- well I did and thank God, they were negative -- now I finally get my doctor's appt (3 weeks later) Pap test in office, uterine ultra-sound and she sees a squissey area in the uterus that she called "a thickning" Sje chose to do a uterine biopsy and send it out.

When she did the D&C in 2005, it came back with atypical cells and she just said she needed to monitor me more closely and I needed to call her immediately if I didn't get a period or if I did. And this is where it lands me.

She said she'd be unable to take the uterus if there isn't cancer and I feel that I'm a walking time bomb waiting for that to happen.

We're both scared but we need to put our faith in God and hope for the best.

Write anytime. I hope yours comes back ok and I feel confident that I'm going to be okay -- after losing my husband, I don't think God would have my kids lose me too.

Last edited by caringsister54; 11-24-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
(female)

Jennyg23 HB User

I truly wish you both the best of luck. I think this is one of the few places women can find some understanding!!! I am really curious to find out what both of your results are and have some similar issues that I am seeking anwsers for. So hopefully between the 3 of us we can figure something out!!! : )
I am 27 and hate being female sometimes because of female issues. I had a non-cancerous tumor removed from my Breast at 15, and every single month when I menstrate I have a cyst on one side or the other since I was like 14. I had Horrible cramps that kept me out of school or work every month until I got pregnant and had my son in 2003. Then the pain let up for 2-3 years. But sure enough over time my periods are getting worse again. The last period I had cramps and pain for a week after! Grrr. For the last year I have had a lot of pain in my pelvis, switches off between sides and is so sharp. Then it seemed to spread up my entire left side. Ive had ultrasounds, paps, colonoscopy, Ct scans over and over and over. They have seen the Cysts and removed a few small polyps, but the pain hasnt stopped, along with Night Sweats for the last year or so. About 3 months ago my pap came back abnormal with HPV, they did the in office coloscopy and said that I show moderate to severe dysplasia. So 2 weeks ago I have a Leep procedure done that they put me under for. Everything went fine and I was back to work 2 days later. Then 9 days after I started Bleeding so I went to the office and he put Monsel on it to make it stop but the next morning the Bleeding began again and I bleed super heavy for 5 days. Finally it stopped Monday, may have just been my period 2 weeks early but it was horrific. Anyways I am still waiting on my results from the Leep, sounds like probably next week but all I can keep thinking about is Cancer. My doctor wants to act like I am to young to have any problems but with my track record I say anything is possible. Any insight out there??

Old 12-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User

Went to dr. 11/20 -- she did a uterine ultrasound and saw a thickness in the wall of the uterus. She took tissue and sent me for blood work.

Biopsy came back negative! Yipee, and all that.

Blood work came back with nothing abnormal. Bleeding I had slightly in October was probably the result of either a polyp or a cyst on the ovary.

Told not to worry but come in on the 29th for my usual full-gyno visit.

at least I'm able to sleep, I sure hope the other ones are okay.

the one thing I wanted to make sure is that my bf and I don't have anything to worry about but apparently that was enough to scare him away from me because he won't touch me now. I intend to solve that this weekend!!! or I'm out of there. I want a full relationship and not a partial one. The restraint of this man is mind-boggling (only another woman can understand) lol

Old 12-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
(female)

lucy04 HB User

Hi everyone.It's Lucy04. Update to my inital post. I do not have uterine cancer. I had an ultrasound which was normal and a biopsy which was negative. My doctor said that my case is odd. There is really no reason why these endometrial cells should be showing up on my pap smears. That is why the doctor recommened these procedures to rule cancer out. I may have to have a biopsy every 2-3 years if the endometrial cells continue to show up. But for now I am safe and very thankful!! Let this be hope for others who may be in the same situation. It's scary but there may be a chance it may not be cancer. Happy Holidays to all.

The Following User Says Thank You to lucy04 For This Useful Post:
tars91 (03-15-2011)
Old 12-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
(female)

diane777 HB User

Good news! Thanks for letting us know, Lucy!

Closed Thread