It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
(female)

Kim1959 HB User
Unhappy New to boards, possible uterine cancer diagnosis

Hi everyone,
I'm Kim from NH, age 49. I thought I was in menopause because I haven't had a period in almost 9 months, but during my yearly, the dr. tested my blood and apparently my levels are not at all menopausal. My mom had uterine cancer, and I'm terrified I do as well. I am getting a sono tomorrow, and wonder how they will determine it's cancer. A d&c? A hysterectomy?? What happens then??? Will they tell me anything tomorrow after the sono????

As you can tell, I'm pretty amped up. Very concerned and afraid of having uterine cancer.
Thanks for listening and the support,
Kim

Last edited by Kim1959; 02-12-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User
Re: New to boards, possible uterine cancer diagnosis

If the ultrasound doesn't show for sure what it is (and usually it doesn't give a complete diagnosis) you will have an office procedure (probably) called an endometrial biopsy. It's not fun, but the whole thing takes less than two minutes and will provide answers. While cancer is possible, there are so many other things that can cause a thickened lining (I too am 49 and mine was caused by hormonal irregularities) and keep in mind that cancer is rare.
Good luck!

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
(female)

santee245 HB User

Hi, I was diagnosed with 3C uterine cancer. I had a man for a dr. and he didn't know his behind from a hole in the wall. First find a dr. you can trust that doesn't stand in front of a mirror and look at their shiny white teeth that we as patients all paid for. I suggest a female, at least they understand what a period is.
My blog is on here of my story and I am going to update it today. it is called uterine cancer after the surgery and radiation.
2 days ago the dr. told me that I am cancer free at this time. Don't get me wrong it can come back. I am going to tell you that it is a tough fight, but just because you have different or unusual bleeding doesn't mean much, but I was 60 yrs. old and bleeding. I typed it in my browser and it came up uterine cancer. My whole family has had their uterus taken out, I thought well not me because it doesn't mean we all have to have it done. Wrong Wrong Wrong. If it is in the family anywhere you have to keep on top of it. I had to finally after an ablation, an endometrial biopsy, a d&C, and another biopsy ask for a hysterectomy after months of continual bleeding. Keep after them. It is normal for menopause around the age of 45-in your 50's to stop bleeding. Every woman is different. Good luck and I hope you are fine. santee

Old 04-18-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
(female)

santee245 HB User

Kim,

I hope everything turned out okay for you after your sonogram. I know that uterine cancer is very scarey, I have gone through i since last August and have posted my reactions on here. Mine was family oriented I believe. My whole family of girls have had their reproductive organs taken out, that is 6 of us. I decided that I was okay, but I ignored all of the symptoms of heavy bleeding with clotting every month during my period and after I reached menopause it was all over for me, no more bleeding. Then last year I started bleeding again. I failed to notice the stains in my underwear. I thought it was from the menopause. It wasn't, it was dark bleeding. I freaked out so badly, don't get me wrong, I am not a dr. person, so I went to my safety zone which is my bed and stayed there until my daughter called the dr. for me. My best advice to anyone is to get a dr. that is not afraid to do testing on you and isn't worried abouthow he looks instead of how you feel. Anything out of the ordinary should be checked out. Mine was uterine cancer stage 3C which was not good, after weeks of radiation I decided not to do chemo. I had enough with the radiation and did the natural things. I mention them in my blog (last one just put on.) I hope I don't get thrown out of here. We women have to stick together to get the cure. We shouldn't have to be used as guinea pigs for their experiments. I hope you are feeling better by now. santee

Old 06-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #5
(female)

Ariadne147 HB User

How did you make out, Kim? I started a response and then noticed that your entry was dated months ago and you never returned to give an update. I hope everything turned out okay.

Closed Thread