It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sunshine221 HB User
D&C Scheduled asymetrical uterine wall

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm 51 pretty much still having periods although getting more irregular. From about Dec 20 to Jan 20 I was moderaterly bleeding. Gyn did a biopsy, negative. Then an ultrasound which showed a spot he wanted to look at further and then a saline ultrasound (he also did a pap with this because I finally wasn't bleeding)(I had a light period feb 8-12). He says that the uterine wall should be symmetrically but its not and wants to do a D&C to check for cancer/precancer cells.

Does this sound resonable? Husband (a cancer survivor) wonders why MRI or CT can't be used to look further. Any ideas are appreciated, we do live in a small town but this GYN is supposed to be very good.

I have a maternal great grandma and paternal grandma who supposedly had "bladder" cancer but I suspect it was uterine and my kids are positive for BRCA2 but that's supposedly from my husband (also positive)
Sunshine

Old 02-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User
Re: D&C Scheduled asymetrical uterine wall

Opinion. If your Dr wants to do a D&C do not hesitate. Uterine cancer can be so high in the uterus that it is not picked up. I had no inkling until a routine urine test picked up white cells. A hysterectomy, a tumour on a nerve in my groin, a couple in the bladder and a few lymph glands missing, 6 weeks radiot. I would have grabbed your opportunity with both hands!! I have CT scans now to pick up tumours...I don't know if a scan would show renegade cells.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sunshine221 HB User
Re: D&C Scheduled asymetrical uterine wall

THanks for the reply. I hadn't gotten back here for a few days. I'm scheduled for March 18 for the D&C. Doc said it was ok to wait, I have a business trip next week and then I have to go check on my Mom (but it does seem the bleeding gets worse each time I fly but she's been a widow just over a year and needs help with taxes and around the house).

Closed Thread