It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

colleendol HB User
Unhappy What could this be?

I am 45 years old. Very regular until recently. I had a regular period, then skipped one. Then, I had a regular period again. In the meantime, I want to my GYN and he thinks that I'm starting perimenopause. Last week, the day my period was due, I had a real light one (watery, red tinged) for a few days. Now, 10 days later, I have the same watery, red tinged discharge. Should I be worried? Can it be the start of perimenopause or uterine cancer? Should I wait a few months to see what happens? I dont have any other symptoms.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sunshine221 HB User
Re: What could this be?

Let's both see what happens together, sounds similar to me. I've had a entrometrial biopsy then an internal ultrasound then a saline internal ultrasound and soon a D&C because the uterine lining is varying in thickness. I've been "bleeding" more on than off since mid-December and it's also very "red". My (unprofessional) advise is that if it keeps up, go back to the GYN. But check back here in a few weeks and I'll let you know my results
Gloria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
(female)

colleendol HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine221 View Post
Let's both see what happens together, sounds similar to me. I've had a entrometrial biopsy then an internal ultrasound then a saline internal ultrasound and soon a D&C because the uterine lining is varying in thickness. I've been "bleeding" more on than off since mid-December and it's also very "red". My (unprofessional) advise is that if it keeps up, go back to the GYN. But check back here in a few weeks and I'll let you know my results
Gloria

Old 02-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #4
(female)

colleendol HB User

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sorry you have been through so much. My discharge is more of a pink color. Anyway, I am going to give it a month or so, and go to the doctor if it happens next month. In the meantime, I'm going to get my blood test for hormones. Good luck to you!

Old 02-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
(female)

colleendol HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine221 View Post
Gloria
Gloria,

Can you give me some background into what you are going through? How many cycles did you have break-through bleeding? How old are you? You have been bleeding constantly?? Every day?? How long did you wait to go to the doctor? Thanks, Colleen

Old 03-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

sunshine221 HB User

Colleen

Sorry it's taken me a while, I was away on business. I just turned 51. My periods used to be 28 days firm but about 6 or 7 years ago they started getting to be 23-25 days. I see a female primary and she said not to worry unless its less than 21 days. I haven't seen the gyn in about 7 years (they had to pull my file from the basement...). I usually see the PCP in June but I had my period so she didn't do a pap. In December we were on a cruise and I started with my period but it was a little clumpier than usual but not "heavy" - say two maxi pads a day but it was also more bright red than the usual dark red. It stopped being clumpy but still I was using a regular pad a day through mid January which is when I called the gyn. Of course right after that it went to a "light pad" level but I was bleeding still too much for him to do a pap two weeks later when I saw him but he did an entrimetrial biopsy which was negative and the bleeding stopped. I had a very light and very pink "period" in early Feb but then I had an internal ultrasound which showed a "questionable polyp" and then a saline ultrasound and he finally did the pap where he said that he doesn't like the way the uterine lining is uneven, could be hiding cancer or precancer cells he said and I'm scheduled for a D&C March 18. He said that the cervix looked tender and from either the pap or the ultrasound I bleed for about 10 days after. So that's where I am now.

I was just nervous about so much bleeding even though it wasn't huge amounts and my husband and I both travel on business a lot (kids are out of house) so between that and having not seen a gyn in a long time I didn't wait long.

Hope all works out well with you.
Gloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleendol View Post
Gloria,

Can you give me some background into what you are going through? How many cycles did you have break-through bleeding? How old are you? You have been bleeding constantly?? Every day?? How long did you wait to go to the doctor? Thanks, Colleen

Closed Thread