It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
(female)

Buzzy523 HB User
Fibroids Turned to Cancer

My friend had a hysterectomy last week. Doctor said that her fibroids had turned into an aggressive form of uterine cancer. The cancer had spread, in a matter of 7 weeks, to her small intestine, colon, and diaphram. I thought that fibroid tumors shrink after menopause, in most cases, and that they rarely turned to cancer. She will need chemo and hopefully she will be cancer free. Any comments?

Old 06-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User
Re: Fibroids Turned to Cancer

Yes, I have always understood that cancerous fibroid's are very rare. I looked it up: Liomyosarcomas are extremely rare, occuring in approx 1 in 1,000 women. The average age of occurance is 58.

So sorry to hear about your friend.
Leea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

Buzzy523 HB User

Leea, Thanks for your reply. Before her surgery, she told me that if the cancer was a sarcoma, then it would be fatal and the Dr. would not do chemo. Some lymph nodes were also removed. She will meet with the Dr. who will do the chemo on the 25th. She feels like fluid is again building up in her belly. She felt that way before the surgery. The doctor didn't believe her. But boy, did she prove him wrong. The surgeon says he got 98% of the cancer. I hope and pray the chemo will kill the rest. She is a good friend of mine and also my daughter's mother in law.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #4
(female)

santee245 HB User

Hi,
I just wanted to tell you that I was diagnosed with endometrial adeno whatever that word is, and I had the words sarcoma in there too. I am still here, after 11 months, don't give up on her, make her fight like she has never fought before. It is easy to give up and it is very very hard when you are faced with a fight like this. I hope by now she is improving and they are doing the chemo on her. She is lucky to have a friend like you.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
(female)

STINKINCUTE HB User

Hi Santee!

I just read your post and I am awaiting a hysterscopy as my ultrasound showed 9mm thickening and I am beside myself! My ultrasound came back fine except for the thickening. I have been experiencing cramping in the uterus for about 6 weeks now and the doctor also found that I had a infection and I am on a 6 week course of Diflucan. Now, I have never had any type of spotting, but this cramping thing and the fact that my endometrium is 9mm is sending me over the edge. I'm just wondering if you ever had any cramping associated with the thickening? My gyn feels the cramping has nothing to do with the thickening, but until I get the procedure and she has a chance to look, I'm going nuts here in California! What were your symptoms?

I'm 62 and have been post for about 10 years now....only on hrt for not more than 2 years at the beginning.

Any advice would be most welcomed. I'm glad that you are hanging in there.....being positive always helps!

Hugs,

Kathy

Last edited by STINKINCUTE; 08-08-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: wrong amount

Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
(female)

santee245 HB User

Hi,
Sorry to take so long to reply to you.. Just finished second chemo last week with no promises of anything from the dr. Chemo has just drained me and then I got pneumonia on top of it and was barely able to breathe, eat or drink. I am very weak right now but feel I had to get out of bed. Next chemo is next week. First, if you trust your dr. believe what he says, if you feel he is messing around with you telling you what you want to hear than get another dr. I underline that. I had a d&c and I dont think they even did it, I didn't feel like anything was taken out. With the size of my tumor if they had done a D&C they would have gotten cells from the uterus. Can't find a lawyer to touch the case and the days are short on filing now. He will get away with this, but I guarantee eeryone in town will know what he has done to me. My symptoms were bleeding after menopause, it was dismissed so many times as a part of menopause, what a bunch of bull, maybe for a couple of months, but not for years. Please let me know what the dr. finds. I am saying an extra prayer your way. Santee245

Closed Thread