It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

filly1 HB User
teeny weeny bit of vag blood

Hi: I have a very large uterus with lots of fibroids for over 25 years; i have not had surgery because frankly I am terrified of surgery; My recent ultrasound showed a polyp, probably in the endometrium; i have read this could indicate a thickened endometrial lining; I am going to the GYN in two days; yesterday I noticed a very tiny drop of blood; i haven't had any more since then; is there any correlation between the amount of vag bleeding with cancer? just wondering.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
(female)

jill60 HB User
Re: teeny weeny bit of vag blood

Do you not have a period any more & you noticed a tiny drop of blood?
I had 3 polyps & several fibroids. I got to the point where I was bleeding 24 days out of the month.

Jill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
(female)

filly1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill60 View Post
Do you not have a period any more & you noticed a tiny drop of blood?
I had 3 polyps & several fibroids. I got to the point where I was bleeding 24 days out of the month.

Jill
I forgot to mention that I am post menopausal

Old 07-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

pupnkit HB User

Also keep in mind the idea of blood coming from your bladder if it was when you went to the bathroom. If you are definate on which area the blood came from then great, just test to make sure you know exactly where the blood is coming from. My mother has a very large fibroid tumor in her uterus. she has had it 25 yrs, no need to take it out the docs say as it is not cancer, not sure if she had a biopsy or what, but not cancer. However she had bleeding down there, she noticed it when she had a very bad cold. So she saw the doc and they found she had very early stage bladder cancer, they told her she was lucky to have such a bad cold, as the coughing made her tear the tumor just enough in her bladder to make it bleed so the blood was coming from her bladder, apparently her kind of cancer goes unnoticed until it bleeds on its own or you cannot urinate. they were able to get all the cancer.

However i am only posing the locating as i am a nurse and when the LNA's report they see blood after someone has used the toilet, we figure it out, most of the time it is a hidden hemmeroid up in the rectum, however sometimes it can be a UTI without the usual symtpoms, of burning on urinating or pain and urine retention. I sometimes myself have to double check when I see a touch of blood (when it is not time for my period) as I have only had 3 UTI's in my life, but noticed blood with one, but I did have the pain with it.

There are so many things that Blood from the vagina or urinary tract could mean that is does not necessarily mean it is cancer, however your GYN is the expert and will be able to tell you more. Good luck and let us know how you are doing, as these things are so scary to go through.
Take care
Pupnkit

Old 07-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
(female)

filly1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupnkit View Post
Also keep in mind the idea of blood coming from your bladder if it was when you went to the bathroom. If you are definate on which area the blood came from then great, just test to make sure you know exactly where the blood is coming from. My mother has a very large fibroid tumor in her uterus. she has had it 25 yrs, no need to take it out the docs say as it is not cancer, not sure if she had a biopsy or what, but not cancer. However she had bleeding down there, she noticed it when she had a very bad cold. So she saw the doc and they found she had very early stage bladder cancer, they told her she was lucky to have such a bad cold, as the coughing made her tear the tumor just enough in her bladder to make it bleed so the blood was coming from her bladder, apparently her kind of cancer goes unnoticed until it bleeds on its own or you cannot urinate. they were able to get all the cancer.

However i am only posing the locating as i am a nurse and when the LNA's report they see blood after someone has used the toilet, we figure it out, most of the time it is a hidden hemmeroid up in the rectum, however sometimes it can be a UTI without the usual symtpoms, of burning on urinating or pain and urine retention. I sometimes myself have to double check when I see a touch of blood (when it is not time for my period) as I have only had 3 UTI's in my life, but noticed blood with one, but I did have the pain with it.

There are so many things that Blood from the vagina or urinary tract could mean that is does not necessarily mean it is cancer, however your GYN is the expert and will be able to tell you more. Good luck and let us know how you are doing, as these things are so scary to go through.
Take care
Pupnkit

Old 07-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
(female)

filly1 HB User

Hi Pumpnkit and thanks for your response; I also have a thick endometrial stripe on transvaginal ultrasound and a polyp as well; i had an endometrial biopsy wednesday; have to wait and see what the result is and if they got enough tissue. I know bleeding can be from different things but this seems vaginal as opposed to originating from the urinary tract; no blood in the water when I urinate. I am pretty nervous and am trying to maintain some perspective while waiting for the doctor to call me. Again I really appreciate your thoughtful response.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
(female)

dorisgirl88 HB User

oh my goodness this is EXACTLY the same thing that has happened to my grandmother who is 88. Her story is below:

My grandmother, 88, had a small amount of blood on her toilet paper when she wiped on Friday. She says it was definitely vaginal. Ever since then she has been bloated and feeling as if she is on her period. She has had pelvic pain like cramping almost. She has had this happen once before about a year ago and i took her to the Gynecologist. They did an in office biopsy (don't EVER do that!!) and it was inconclusive. I think they could not get enough tissue. she had an ultrasound and they could not visualize her ovaries. The endometrium they said was very thin. Could uterine atrophy cause this problem? She is also a breast cancer survivor from 1970. Her mom, sister, and neice have all had breast cancer and her other sister ovarian cancer in her early 80's. She is at huge risk for uterine and ovarian cancer. I am going to take her to a really good Gynecologist but she will be a new patient and he is sometimes really booked and I am afraid it will take a while to get into him. Advill is not even helping her pain much so watching her be bloated and suffering is not very easy. You just want to scoop them up and take them to the ER and have them FIX it!!

Anyone have experience with this???

Old 10-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #8
(female)

wild flower HB User

Hello, sorry about your grandmother.I am 55 and have not had a period in 5 yrs.All of my trouble started in my stomach . It became so big I thought I was Pregnant. Blood check found me post menopausal.I put up with this for over a year.Started spooting blood 2 wks ago. The Dr said any blood after menopause was not good.So having all test done now. Up for my Hysteroscopy on the 27th.Already had ultrasound and biopsy.Hope an gyou get her to a dr. quick. GOOD LUCK!

Closed Thread