It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
(female)

shonks5 HB User
Endometrial Biopsy bleeding?

I just got back from having an endometrial biopsy. I also had one about a year ago, both were to check the lining because it was thickened. The one I had today hurt like you wouldn't believe. The one I had last year wasn't bad at all, and the nurse practitioner was able to get a good sample. Anyway, a doctor preformed the biopsy today, it really hurt, and he wasn't able to get much of a sample. He said that was a good sign. My question is I'm having some bleeding now after this biopsy today. The one I had last year, had no bleeding afterward. Is it normal to have bleeding after an endometrial biopsy, and how long will it last! Was I just lucky last time to not have any bleeding afterward?

Thanks for any replies,
Shonks5

Old 08-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Endometrial Biopsy bleeding?

Shonk

You were just lucky to not have any bleeding. I have had two endo biopsies, the first one really did not bother me and I think the reason was because my lining was really thick (18mm) and the one I had last year did bother me somewhat. I had bleeding after this one too, just for a couple of days. I am told the secret to having endo biopsies is to take two extra strength tylenol, some advil or motrin about one hour before your appointment. I know that I did take the two advil the first time I had the biopsy, however, I was not expecting to have the second biopsy, so I did not take anything--well I felt that one. Your bleeding should only last a couple of days.
I hope your results come out alright--lets us know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2009, 04:58 AM   #3
(female)

Abigailtwo HB User

After my endometrial biopsy I did bleed more. I was bleeding before the biopsy too. After the biopsy I bled a lot more like the lining had been jolted off or something. After awhile it wasn't so bad, but results for me were Uterine cancer, stage 1C. Already had a hysterectomy and awaiting starting radiation. What fun.......thanks.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
(female)

dlittle HB User

I just had one 10 days ago. I bled from Wednesday to Wednesday...a week...the flo was equal to a normal mentstral period for me. I still have a little discoloration when I wipe today...but I wouldn't consider myself "bleeding." Today is Day 10 since the procedure.

D

Old 10-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
(female)

Caradia HB User

I bled for about a week after mine. And the biopsy itself hurt like heck; I was screaming. I almost passed out when I got up to go. I read it is different for everyone. I also read that it is different depending on if the patient has had children or not.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
(female)

Abigailtwo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caradia View Post
I bled for about a week after mine. And the biopsy itself hurt like heck; I was screaming. I almost passed out when I got up to go. I read it is different for everyone. I also read that it is different depending on if the patient has had children or not.
I bled more after my biopsy for sure. For me it didn't hurt that much, just a tug and like a pinch. It was over quickly. I haven't had children, but I have two adopted children. The biopsy was done quickly on my first visit to the Gyno for constant bleeding. Uterine Cancer Stage 1C, grade 2. Hysterectomy and radiation. Haven't started radiation yet. Prayers. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
(female)

darkwater HB User

I bled for a couple of days after having endometrial biopsies. I have had this done four times so far in my life. Once I was under anesthesia having a laparoscopy for endo, but the other times I was wide awake and it really hurt. So you are not alone. It is kind of a startling pain, but then it is over within a minute or two. But whew, what a couple of minutes!

I think it must be a good sign for you if the doctor couldn't get much of a sample, maybe it WAS too thin. Thin is good in this case.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
(female)

sfitz HB User

I had one done 2 days ago and I am bleeding a bit more than a normal period - soaking a pad in about 3 - 4 hours. I see my doc tomorrow so I plan on asking him then if it is normal, but I am reassured to hear that other women have had bleeding.

I didn't find the actual procedure bad at all. In fact I didn't even think it was uncomfortable really. Awkward I guess but anything involving a speculum will be! I have had 2 vaginal / live births, and both children were conceived via IUI (insemination) - to me the biopsy felt exactly like the IUI did, maybe a little easier. I laughed while my gyn was doing it because it sure brought back the memories!

Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
(female)

MacMama HB User

Prayers & well wishes to all those who have gotten cancer diagnoses.

I'm 38 years old & haven't had any children. I just had my 1st biopsy on Friday and am still spotting, after bleeding that was heavier than I thought it would be immediately after the procedure. While I found the biopsy downright uncomfortable and somewhat painful, it was at least over quickly.

How long did you have to wait for your pathology results?

Old 11-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #10
(female)

Caradia HB User

Well, my pathology showed cancer. I was called the day after the biopsy, during my birthday.

Closed Thread